ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bit of advice go a treat

BG 182
Right iv had several clios before and since had an a3 etc but so boring an more expensive for petrol, so I'm thinking of getting back into the scene although I'm 23 would you say I'm to old for a cliosport? Also how much should I pay for a half decent 172 cup or 182 cup packs nowadays I know what needs to be done etc but don't wanna take the piss outta people by offering to low as I know how annoying that is advice would be much appriciated

Definitely not too young, there are people double your age still enjoying a Renault Sport

Just offer whats fair and negotiate on price, although obviously don't take the piss, just take in consideration the condition, if the belts have been done and servicing etc.

theres a guy near me who has got to be in his late 60s with rs megane 250 and he drives like a nutter. never to old for an rs.

I'm 22 and drive one, 23 in 3 months, I plan on having mine for some time to come!

Hell, there's a a guy near me that must be in his 70's that drives an iceburg 172!

BG 182
I try other cars but there's always the Clio in my head lol I love 172 cup but I'm loving a bg 182 need to have a think obviously I'm still young enough:race:

RB 182
TBH I think the 182 is a teenager’s car (although god knows how or why they pay so much to insure them)

I’m 23 now and had mine a little while now. It’s fun to drive fast but I don’t think it’s very nice to drive slowly (which seems to be a lot of the time now) and would like to move onto something a bit bigger and more refined (want another S3 really)

When I was 18 i had a 106 GTI which I loved and probably would have loved to have had the 182 back then, just think I might have grown out of the little French tins :(

I don’t think you are too old though as it’s up to you really, but I think I am as I’m probably quite an old 23 year old.

I can see why older people have them as second cars / track cars though

BG 182
IV currently got an A3 1.8t an it drinks loads I was thinking an S3 an I just think would drink even more which would be Stupid the Clio has always been good on fuel, iv looked at ctrs etc but the mpg on half thw cars I'm looking at drink Stupidly

Listerine & Poledo
THere's no age limit on R.S. Clio ownership.

remember, all thingsa considered they can be well spec'd for a small hatch (Climate, cruise, xenon etc.). For some kubelwagon you'll be staring down much bigger purchase costs

RB 182
IV currently got an A3 1.8t an it drinks loads I was thinking an S3 an I just think would drink even more which would be Stupid the Clio has always been good on fuel, iv looked at ctrs etc but the mpg on half thw cars I'm looking at drink Stupidly

30MPG was about as good as it got in my old one (which isnt bad considering what they weigh and the performance you get) so the 182 is much better on that front.

Never really liked the A3's myself.

RB 182
THere's no age limit on R.S. Clio ownership.

remember, all thingsa considered they can be well spec'd for a small hatch (Climate, cruise, xenon etc.). For some kubelwagon you'll be staring down much bigger purchase costs

Yeah I massivley agree with this, you wont get anything the same age with more toys / performance for less cash, however its obvious to me that they've been built on a tight budget and the build quality isn't the best.

Listerine & Poledo
You cant have it all, but that's why I said "Purchase costs". ;)

What you save you may end up paying back in driveshafts, gearboxes, steering wheels etc.

RB 182
You cant have it all, but that's why I said "Purchase costs". ;)

What you save you may end up paying back in driveshafts, gearboxes, steering wheels etc.

Exactly and it's each to their own. I don't really get to do that much "fun driving" anymore so want something a bit nicer to be sat in but can still give me a grin when I want it to.

As for repair cost my last S3 was pretty good but i imagine anything that does go wrong might require a mortgage :)

Listerine & Poledo
cheaper tyres, marginally better MPG's, cheap servicing (aside from the 3- and 5-year ones!) this might offset the cost of the occasional "French incident"

BG 182
clio it is then, aucky ph1 went sort of wanted to try something different but im coming back just gotta get my cliosport membership back on

182 Ly ff.
I'm 30 and do not consider it too old! Its up to you what you want to drive! You could be 17 and drive a Meriva if that's what you want doesn't matter! You can pick a decent rs up cheap as now but just don't rush! Happy hunting.

TTRS & V50
Threads like this make me laugh TBH.

I still have a 172 and I am now 30! :eek::eek:

But it's you second car, thats different.

I'm 23 now and I got my 172 at 19, had it 3 and half years and it's now sold.

I personally think I'm too old for one, want some thing bigger-ish (S3, CTR, LCR, Golf GTI etc), but to be honest you don't get anything close bang for buck.

320d
The RS Clio is such good value for money for what it is. The 182's are great on fuel, comfortable (standard) and well spec'd. Combine that with that fact the cost bugger all to buy and go very well you can't really go wrong. I keep looking at my next car and looking back at 182's simply because of their value for money.

I think one of the Clio's best bits is that it's such a good all rounder. All of the following just make it very well specced for a hatch of that price/era/pace and not a "young persons" car at all:

Xenons
Half Leather
Climate
Auto wipers
Auto lights
Cruise Control
Comfort

Infact the only thing that really appeals to "youngsters" is the twin exhaust and 0-60. It's a very subtle and quite sophisticated (for a cheap french hot hatch based on a supermini, obviously it's no S3 or GTI) looking hot hatch IMO. From CS at least the RS clios have a great following, I don't know how many 20 - 30 let alone 30+ you'd see in Fiesta ST, Corsa VXR etc.

RS Clios are awesome because in the big scheme of things the 182s aren't THAT appealling to the stereotypical boy racer. Oh and they're brilliant fun, more than adequete p:w, well equipped and really easy to live with.

Golf GTD Mk7
lol @ too old at 23. I'm 28 and i've had my 182 5 years now with no intension of selling it. You might be too old for meets now. I felt aincent at the last one :S

clio 182 black /gold
I am 38 and i drive a 182. Should i sell it and get a civic or volvo diesel or something? LOL.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
I'm 37 soon and on my 2nd RenaultSport Clio (1 *172Cup and 1*182)...b****cks to people's feelings on age, I do fancy going BOOST...but this thing is cheap to own in comparison to other motors!

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
lol im 23 and have owned my 182 for about 18months now and will have it for a long time coming, my dad owns a clio v6 and hes in his 50s, cars dont have age groups lol. buy what you want/like

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
23 too old for a 172 FLOL need to be that old to not get stupid insurance quotes !!!!

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
im 38 and have a ph1 172, great little car, had a few clios over the years, a williams, clio 172 cup, clio 1.8 16v, i appreciate a good fun car for little money. :)

CLIO 182
I'm 24 and have a 182, my boss at work (must be in his forties) has a 172 cup. So yeah, never too old!

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Too old? Crazy... I had my first 182 when I was 24, and have just bought another now aged 27!

Clio 172 Cup
I am 29 and still driving my 172 Cup. Can't see me getting rid of it any time soon. Economy and performance is just what I need, and still can show up a few people if required ;)

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
I'm 31 and running a stripped and caged cup as my daily.

Never to old to enjoy a bit of a blast in a nippy car.

Clio 197
The RS Clio is such good value for money for what it is. The 182's are great on fuel, comfortable (standard) and well spec'd. Combine that with that fact the cost bugger all to buy and go very well you can't really go wrong. I keep looking at my next car and looking back at 182's simply because of their value for money.

Agree with the above 172/182's are such good all rounders :cool:

Although one day the attraction of going back to a flat four will become too much - not for the time being though :approve:

182cup & 172 racecar
50+ for me,so there.

Why would I want to sell it,it's no trouble,fairly good on fuel,don't need a bigger car as all the kids have gone,quick enough to have a healthy blast and my lovely lady loves it.

RB 182 FF
50+ for me,so there.

Why would I want to sell it,it's no trouble,fairly good on fuel,don't need a bigger car as all the kids have gone,quick enough to have a healthy blast and my lovely lady loves it.

this man speaketh some truth ..listen to him should you padawan;)