ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

bit of a random question about throttle body

VX220 Turbo
Hi guys i dont know if anoyne here would be able to help me...

i have a 2005 bmw mini cooper s and on it there's an enlarged throttle body which also has the intake part tapered to increase flow etc. also the butterfly spindle has been filed to air airflow.

unfortunatly my car is locked away in a grage having the engine re-built at the moment so i cant check this until it comes back.

the tb on the 182 looks very similar to the mini one does anyone know if the 2 are the same i.e. would i be able to bolt my enlarged on onto the clio and would it benefit the car at all?

Els

Inferno 182 Cup
I remember hearing of people putting 2.0 throttel boddies on a 1.6 ford engine before but to be honest you wont get much gains, couse its only a couple of mm bigger

VX220 Turbo
not really a waste of money as i already have it on the mini, i know it doesnt do a lot but might help a ltiile think i'll give it a try anyway when i get the mini back