ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

bit expensive?

I've just ordered some Grado SR80's.

Cheers boys.

Oh and retro suits me just fine!!

Mate, you will love the SR80, such an open sound. Very wide sound stage. I use mine with my NAD CD player, my laptop/s, my iPod and my games PC. Stunning cans.

Most suited to music though. Very very musical sound to them.

VaVa
Good to hear. Thay've been bought with music in mind.

I live in a newish house where the walls appear to be made of paper meaning my system never goes higher than 2/10ths most of the time.... so a decent set of cans was the only soltution for now!

Just listening to Alison Moyet - Is this Love

Lowly mp3 on the PC and it sounds sensational through the SR80 mofos :approve: x100

EDIT: crank up the volmue and these phones are goose bump inducing bad boys. Truly stunning!

Last edited:
My crappy images are free. But that's a good price for the Grado. They have an amazing abilty to make all music send a shiver down your spine.

My wee grados took a few good hours of listening to burn them in. After about 20hours litening time they come into their own!

SLK 350
Roy are you intending to give us a blow by blow account of everything on your playlist? If so perhaps compile it all into one post...I'm beginning to see how you've managed 5,2XX posts.

Let us know what you think anyway Laingo, good piece of kit.

SLK 350
No in general your posts are fine, and frequently more interesting to read than the majority of the forums users. However with that said, your song choices don't make for such compelling reading my friend :)

Ok glad to see you approve on the whole. I'll try to make adjustments to my musical besed posts. I hope I can please you more this way ;)

Mk2 Golf GTI
I've also got the E3c's, think they're mint. As said they are excellent in the gym as they block out idiots grunting, shouting, chucking weights about etc and are one of the only headphones that stay in my ear.

Excellent clarity and sound separation but could possibly produce a little more bass imo.

Hoffmeister, where can you buy the different nozzle from online as the original grey ones do tend to slip out of my big lobes if i'm running. Want to try the foam ones or the other rubber ones.

Mk2 Golf GTI
THey were the suckers i was thinking of actually! I imagine i'd have to replace the foam ones too often.

SLK 350
Aye the foamies can get...ehm...a bit tainted in colour. Apparently you can wash them in warm water and it freshens them up somewhat.