ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

birthday tmrw & insurance quotes

My birthday tmrw ! 19 tmrw ! yaaay! free insurance runs out in a few weeks so im phoning around some insurance companies... this is what ive got so far...

Norwich Union - £1427 full comp, lowerin springs, zorst and wheels delcared
Tescos - £2239 full comp, wheels, zorst,springs,kit,air filter decalred
Direct Line - wont insure me on modified car if im under 25

tmrw ill try liverpool victoria and adrian flux cos they are closed 2day!

btw quotes are on a 2003 1.2. 16v

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold

Quote: Originally posted by bigmaddaz on 03 May 2004

My birthday tmrw ! 19 tmrw ! yaaay! free insurance runs out in a few weeks so im phoning around some insurance companies... this is what ive got so far...

Norwich Union - £1427 full comp, lowerin springs, zorst and wheels delcared
Tescos - £2239 full comp, wheels, zorst,springs,kit,air filter decalred
Direct Line - wont insure me on modified car if im under 25

tmrw ill try liverpool victoria and adrian flux cos they are closed 2day!

btw quotes are on a 2003 1.2. 16v
Norwich Union only allow 3 Mods, so remember this if u wanna add more mods, they wotn accept any!

FECK!!!! what the hell you done to your car?? claims? convictions?? where you live?

My average quote with alloys, lowered and unlimited ice cover was around 800 ish down to 740 with liverpool victoria. ask for their what car policy then you get the unlimited ice cover

lol.. nufin major apart from what i said above, no claims, no convictions , live in a quiet nice area... but thats Y im hoping liverpool victoria will be low :)

Ford F-150 5.4 V8

Quote: Originally posted by Jim172CUP on 03 May 2004

join cliosport and then use your discount at greenlight.
ROFLMAO Greenlight wanted £2800 for my 172, i pay £1000!!!

Ford F-150 5.4 V8

dunno mite be better for you diff companies like to insure diff people. my quotes went everywhere from £3200 to £1000. so everybody is worth a try. just dont expect a miracle.

German Barge

lol im 19 and paying £1000 a yr on a Clio 1.8 16V. 1 Years now claims. Low crime rate area too, which helps. Try and do some more research fella - http://www.its4me.co.ukwww.its4me.co.uk is where i got my quote from.

btw - thats TPFT on my own name.

hey mate stay with renault insurance, i did, im not 21 with 4 years ncb and paying 600 with all mods. the way they see it is u get the first year free, u pay about 1200 for the second year like me by which time u will be 20 going on 21 and once you are 21 they give u 2 yeah ncb free. try em mate.

kewl my mate got his billabong same time as mine...and he wa told something along lines of "if he stays with them they can probably sort something out that would give them the equiavalent of 4 yrs ncb" so gonna fone them tmrw and try and blag same thing for me see wa they say.

Daz

Renault insurance are often quite good especially if you havnt claimed as they give you the equivalant of a few yrs NCB.

Liverpool Victoria are excellent though I recon youll get about £1200 they will charge you and any mods bar changin the cc of the engine should be fine as long as they know about them.

Tesco are good as well though they were only a few quid of what LV wanted to insure me.

Make sure you read the insuracne thread somwhere on the forum it should give you some good ideas on how to save some money.

[Edited by edde on 03 May 2004 at 7:34pm]

Renault wanted £1400 off of me because I had the mods, i.e. the alloys, lowered colour coded and the ice. no way I was going to pay an extra seven hundred quid even if it would mean getting four years ncb after just 2 years!

good luck with liverpoolvictoria