ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Birthday makeover.

ph2 172
Hi, well it was my 25th birthday yesterday and I have had a busy weekend giving my 172 a bit of a facelift and freshen up. First came some Apex -40mm springs which were a present of the misses. Aswell as that I decided to have a go at refurbing and painting my wheels as I always thought that there was too much silver going on and wanted a change...so I went for Ford Graphite Grey.

They have turned out pretty good to be fair im well chuffed but I thought I would put it to the hardest of critics and post them up here lol. The 40mm drop seems to be just right and of course it goes without saying the handling is much improved.

So overall im chuffed to bits, so here's a few pics. I will take some better ones when I get chance.

Before centre caps were done:
Lowering.jpg

With the centre caps painted:
Blkfront.jpg

Blk1.jpg

Blkrear.jpg

Last edited:
  mini cooper (RIP 172)
looks good i really want to get mine done! but not got the ££ or time:eek:

a splitter would look good;)

ph2 172
Thanks for the nice replies people. The ride is not too bad to be fair if not a little bouncy, i seem to be getting a whining noise at high speed though and not sure what it is...any ideas? I'm going to go and get the tracking and laser alignment done next weekend.

A cup splitter is next on the list I think.