ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bird Sh*t!

2008 VW Golf R32
Unfortunatley i dont have a garage for my car...in Gibraltar its hard to allocate a private garage and people try selling them for £30,000 a year! I have this problem of parking on the street and birds shitting on my car. Everytime i clean my car i realise the bird s**t is eating away the paint. Any one else having the same problem and is there anything i could do to try and get my colour back :(

172 gone :( 197 now :)
Clean it off as soon as you see it. Just get a bucket of shampoo and a wash mitt and wipe it off. I get it sometimes parking car outside at work. I just make sure i wash it off when i get home only takes 5 minutes.

As for the paint damage im not sure, someone else on here will will though.

polish - ag super resin
seal - ag extra gloss protection

follwed by a good carnuba wax , perhaps megs #16 show glaze.

with the sealent (sp) and wax combo it will provide more of a barrier , stoppping the bird poo etching in so quickly.

so then all you have to do is wash it off as soon as you spot it, worth getting a car cover ?

If i am wrong im sure rich will correct me as soon as he gets in.

106 GTi
In the sun you will have to get it off straight away, as it will eat through sealants and waxes easily.

Working by hand you should be able to correct the defects with some Polish/Swirl Remover but it may need a machine polish depending how badly etched they are.

2008 VW Golf R32
polish - ag super resin
seal - ag extra gloss protection

follwed by a good carnuba wax , perhaps megs #16 show glaze.

with the sealent (sp) and wax combo it will provide more of a barrier , stoppping the bird poo etching in so quickly.

so then all you have to do is wash it off as soon as you spot it, worth getting a car cover ?

If i am wrong im sure rich will correct me as soon as he gets in.

Thanx but unfortunatley we dont get stuff like meguiars or even auto glym here in gib, we got turtle wax (dont use it coz i dont like the name!) Iv tried getting a car cover from VW itself but they "currently unavailable" dont know how but thats what they told me :dapprove: I really hope there is a way of getting round this and thanx for the help guys :)

2008 VW Golf R32
Sorry i forgot to add, maybe anything similiar i could use or if you could list some good descent cleaning stuff (even if meguiars) i could try and order it off the net :) (havent really thought of that before) lol...thanx! :D

"Navy" N17 TWO
Is there a fast & easy way of cleaning bird-sh1t off?

Like spray something on & wipe away if you were heading to a show/etc

2008 VW Golf R32
I think i may need to do some shopping! Its soo annoying when there is some sh1t on the car, especially on a black car as it stands out :(