ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bird s**t! Marked clear coat.

FF RB 182
Came out this morning to find a nice bit of bird s**t down the drivers side door.. so i took it down the garage and blasted it off with the pressure washer and gave it a wipe with some QD.. but i could still see the outline of it, I can't feel it with my finger but its like the clear coat has cracked/really bad orange peel. Ive just been out with some AG SRP as that's all I have and it won't even touch it. I've tried to get some photos but its hard. Advice please, worth getting an abrasive polish? Or going down local bodyshop with a DA?

IMAG0168.jpg

IMAG0169.jpg

IMAG0170.jpg

IMAG0171.jpg

Not a 320d
Get some polish.

Gtechniq P1 is available in small bottles form various places. German applicator pad and a microfobre cloth.

Cant really tell how deep thats gone from the photos.

Yup bird crap is so bad for paint it eats in to clear coat fast , I came back from 2 weeks away to find my ds door covered in bird sh1t had to buff it with a cutting pad and compound to remove it

FF RB 182
Get some polish.

Gtechniq P1 is available in small bottles form various places. German applicator pad and a microfobre cloth.

Cant really tell how deep thats gone from the photos.

Ive tried auto glym super resin polish but guessing its not harsh enough.

You can hardly feel it on the paint.

Not a 320d
SRp wont do much mate. You need a compound or polish. SRP only has very light abrasives in it.

I carry QD and microfibres in the car in case of this problemm..

PB Clio 172
i have this on my bonnet same thing, thing is with bird s**t you have to be so so fast to get it off or that's it !

FF RB 182
I did have QD and cloths in the car, but didn't want to stand in the street smearing bird s**t everywhere, so just drove to the garage to blast it off, not sure when it happened.. but i didn't get to the car till about 1pm, and its been a lovely day so sat in the sun baking the s**t on. lol

Guess i'll have to order some polish, or pop to halfords tomorrow, if they have a decent polish?

I just read online about removing it and someone said something about the the lime in bird s**t and you should neutralize is?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Pop to the local bodyshop see if they'll give it a polish for you.

It might also come back if it's sat in the heat. Lacquer has a memory so to speak.

You left the birdpoop in the sun/on the car too long. Can't be helped sometimes. The lime just eats into lacquer.