ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bioshock Infinite

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
Yes they give you Steam keys and you just download / install via Steam. I've bought several games from them before with no issues.

First 30 mins gameplay. Spoilers etc.

I'm assuming this is pre-production gameplay footage because it's definitely NOT the first 30 minutes of the game I've been playing. You don't meet Elizabeth until about and hour and a half in for a start. Literally everything is different, from the way Elizabeth looks, the HUD, even the storyline has been completely changed.

As for the actual game, it's very good, I'm about 6 hours in so far. The skyhook is a great addition and means some of the battles can take place over huge areas, meaning a massive amount of variety in methods/angles of attack. It's also a brutal melee weapon. The story isn't quite as involving as the first one but it's still pretty good. Rapture was prettier too, even if it was falling apart. I'm slightly disappointed with the variety of vigors (plasmids in the first 2) as I seem to just be using the same 2 in pretty much every situation. However there's a fair range of weapons to choose from, but only being able to carry 2 at any time can be frustrating.

I'd give it a solid 8.5, maybe even a 9 from what I've played so far, but for so many places to be giving it a perfect score seems a little generous.

Last edited by a moderator:
Encountered my first major ball ache with the game. After some of the boss fights, an enemy will either hide behind cover and get stuck or just disappear off the map completely, meaning you can't kill them and progress with the story. Checkpoints aren't exactly frequent either, so I've had to restart and go through the last 20 mins of gameplay again on two separate occasions now.

F82 M4
Encountered my first major ball ache with the game. After some of the boss fights, an enemy will either hide behind cover and get stuck or just disappear off the map completely, meaning you can't kill them and progress with the story. Checkpoints aren't exactly frequent either, so I've had to restart and go through the last 20 mins of gameplay again on two separate occasions now.

What format mate?

Had it since Saturday. It's probably a good 15 hours long, more if you spend all your time looking for the collectibles.

F82 M4
Looks quite impressive on Ultra settings, I'm getting an average of 80-90 FPS with highs of 120 and lows of 45. You can tell when it dips on a 120hz monitor though.

bioshockinfinite2013032e.png

I don't think I've ever played a game whilst being constantly interested and impressed as I was with Bioshock - didn't bother with the second as I thought it would be a disappointment.

This looks amazing however, like a kind of mixture of Bioshock and Dishonored with an extra dollop of awesome.

I've seen a couple of reviews and they've all been 10s. Bodes well.

Ended up getting it after trading in a load of shite and essentially getting it for free.

I've been playing it for the last twenty-ish minutes with a big grin on my face. So far it's nothing short of fantastic...

RB 182
Boys, I finished this last night at about 2am and I genuinely found myself with my mouth wide open sitting there wanting to talk to someone about it. I was like WHAT!

DEFINITELY starting 1999 mode this afternoon.

LOVED it.

Loved stumbling upon little details early on, like the barbershop quartet on the airship.

I'm not very far into it but you can tell its special - still has that amazing bioshockness to it. The beginning was VERY reminiscent of the first game, albeit going into the sky instead of under the sea.

What's this 1999 mode?

I30N, LS430, 197
Loved stumbling upon little details early on, like the barbershop quartet on the airship.

I'm not very far into it but you can tell its special - still has that amazing bioshockness to it. The beginning was VERY reminiscent of the first game, albeit going into the sky instead of under the sea.

What's this 1999 mode?

Harder difficulty after completing it is 1999 mode. I finished it on Hard without too many problem so hoping it's a little more of a challenge.

I loved the barbershop quartet, I stood there in awe until they finished !

I'm not very far into it but you can tell its special - still has that amazing bioshockness to it.

It's the little details that make the game so good tbh.

Hearing Cyndi Lauper and Tears for Fears made me smile too. There's a pretty massive bit towards the end that will put a massive grin on your face, those who have completed the game will know exactly what I'm on about.

Nickson

ClioSport Club Member
It's the little details that make the game so good tbh.

Hearing Cyndi Lauper and Tears for Fears made me smile too. There's a pretty massive bit towards the end that will put a massive grin on your face, those who have completed the game will know exactly what I'm on about.

Ohh yes. Very impressed to see that in there!

A guy on the beach cracked me up when I was looking for "her" and said "I'm looking for a young girl"... "Aren't we all pal, aren't we all..." LOLZ.

I never played the first two - should I after completing this? For some reason it reminds me a bit of Fallout 3, not sure why.

A guy on the beach cracked me up when I was looking for "her" and said "I'm looking for a young girl"... "Aren't we all pal, aren't we all..." LOLZ.

I never played the first two - should I after completing this? For some reason it reminds me a bit of Fallout 3, not sure why.

Give the first one a shot definitely. I assume it still stands up today - haven't played it since it first came out and I was properly impressed throughout then.

Simply put, if you like Infinite you'll probably enjoy Bioshock just the same, maybe more..

Jesus, just checked - it came out six years ago!

MG ZR x2, Polo, CTR
Bought infinite, havent started it yet though. The first is awesome, the second is good, but not quite as good as the first.
still worth playing through though

RB 182
Went out and bought this today after reading this thread, cheers guys

good choice.

i'm not sure if you lads have seen, but Ken Levine has cancelled the production of the film recently too!

he said it wasn't up to the standard he wants so he doesn't want it ruining his dream.

THATS why these games are so good.. he just doesn't settle for second best.

the little touches are exactly as you lads say, brilliant. its the difference between a normal game and a game.. well, like bioshock.

MG ZR x2, Polo, CTR
Balls, i was keeping an eye out for the film aswell.
i've got a feeling the assassins creed film will be following it down the pan shortly aswell

RB 182
1999 mode is pretty rough in my opinion!

Its not too bad, but the bits I get stuck on.. I get massively stuck on.

I'm not even gonna bother with 1999 mode, the last battle was enough of a ball ache on medium!

Bux

Golf GTD
Bought this last night and finished it this afternoon. I've played the previous ones and this one was very good as well! Loved it! Might go through it in 1999 mode now

RB 182
Just finished 1999 mode.

my hands are sweating and I'm shaking like a shitting dog.

I love this game.

79/80 voxaphones though :dapprove:

NickM5c

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M5c, Audi A2 FSI
Literally just finished this. I had no knowledge of the previous Bioshock games. I really enjoyed it and quite an ending on it - kind of wish it hadn't come to an end actually. That last battle though - took me about 6 goes to finally nail it!