ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bin

Mk2 Ph1 1.2 Grande
New Years Eve, was driving along and then all of a sudden some guy threw a wheelie bin into the middle of the road, aiming at someone who he was having a fight with, I swerved but the bin still hit my car. Only 10 metres down the road, a Police car was sat on the corner so I stopped, told them what happened and showed them the damage, they took my details and said they will ring me in the morning. They also told me that if they catch the guy who did it I will be able to claim compensation.

I have had no phone call from the Police and doubt they have caught who did it as the Police are useless in my area, so now I am wondering do I bother ringing the Police up or not. Also, does anyone know if there is anything I can do to fix my car as I do not want to get my insurance involved so I do not have to pay excess and keep my 1 year No Claims. The damage is a big dint in the door where the hinge is which has removed paintwork and my wing is also cracked.:mad:

I'd give the police a few days to get back to you, then call them up. They will have been really busy last night.

Mk2 Ph1 1.2 Grande
Ok thanks but what can I expect? If the man hasn't been caught, is there anything anyonce can do about my car or not? Will I still receive any compensation?

172 Cup & Clio dci Van
compensattion from who? the wheelie bin?

YOU HAVE BEEN LET DOWN BY THE PO, will you loose ur ncb for a vandalism claim as that is pretty much it, try and find that out if not it will have to be out your own pocket unfortunately

thats whay you pay insurance for ...... , personally it's a lost cause and you may as well think about the repairs yourself .

Give them a call though , just to find out , they've got nothing found :S

Mk2 Ph1 1.2 Grande
Thanks everyone... man the Police are useless. Even when you need the Police, they was actually there for once but still did not do anything. It's a joke and just annoyed that my car's damaged becuase of something completely random and not my fault :mad:

Thanks everyone... man the Police are useless. Even when you need the Police, they was actually there for once but still did not do anything. It's a joke and just annoyed that my car's damaged becuase of something completely random and not my fault :mad:

tbh at the time of the incident , you should have got the police to follow you back and point out the person who did it .;)

Mk2 Ph1 1.2 Grande
tbh at the time of the incident , you should have got the police to follow you back and point out the person who did it .;)
The Police were literally only 10metres away just parked in their car. The man had already gone as I had stopped my car round the corner and I was that annoyed I wasn't really thinking properly but you would surely expect the Police to be more active :mad:

120d M-Sport
The Police were literally only 10metres away just parked in their car. The man had already gone as I had stopped my car round the corner and I was that annoyed I wasn't really thinking properly but you would surely expect the Police to be more active :mad:

There s**t trust me, i have no respect for them at all so i dont bother with 'em. :mad: