ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bilstien b14 or spax rsx

Hi I need some coilovers asap and these are all I can physically get hold of in 60mm. Which are better for a track car? I wanted the bc coilovers but can't get them until a week on Monday :-(

Thanks

Battery Nonce

ClioSport Club Member
I love my B14's but they are used on a daily. When you're pootling along you don't even realise you're on coilovers it just feels stock which is brilliant, not one passenger has commented on the ride being stiff or harsh. Infact I had the opposite from my Mum saying the ride was so smooth!

For a dedicated track car i'd say something stiffer.

172 Cup
I'm on spax rsx and I can't compare to b14s as I've never driven a clio on them but the rsx do drive nicely and are pretty stiff although I havnt got on track yet they feel like they would be good there aswell full coilover rear aswell instead of the seperate spring and damper b14s will prob be better made though

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Do some research before buying them in the UK. a couple of us have bought them from Germany mk-fahrwerkstechnik.de much cheaper. Think it was £550 but now with the euro exchange rate they are probably a lot cheaper. Great company too.

B14.

Ran them on my Trophy and they were excellent on track. They're so awesome on the road too with just the right balance for track.

Do some research before buying them in the UK. a couple of us have bought them from Germany mk-fahrwerkstechnik.de much cheaper. Think it was £550 but now with the euro exchange rate they are probably a lot cheaper. Great company too.

Have you ordered from here? Any issues? Shipping time?

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
B14.

Ran them on my Trophy and they were excellent on track. They're so awesome on the road too with just the right balance for track.

Have you ordered from here? Any issues? Shipping time?
@dann2707 and I ordered from here a few months back, it all ran like clockwork as you would expect from Germany. They were shipped by Fedex and arrived a few days later - Ordered on a Friday morning and had them on the wednesday. All properly double boxed. There is a german review website and they get amazing scores. same website sell loads of other cool stuff.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
That's a great saving. If I read the above right, less then £500 for a set of very good coil overs?

Inferno 182

Hmmm. I'm liking this a lot. Just abouts change my suspension set up too. If my MOT goes well next week I think I could be running Billy's :)

Thanks for the link buddy.

Gee.

Inferno 182
At the guys running Billy's.... Especially Dan2707 as I like the sound of your ride.

What sort of heights have you got them set up at? I don't want to buy these then find out they have to be set fairly high to be compliant enough for road use.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Mine on Bilsteins.
8fbb07c3acaf1c08cf39b80878d987f5.jpg

Inferno 182
Offset bolts? As in like camber bolts?

If so i've got some ready to go on just waiting to hear back from my local geo set up place as they're very reasonable.

Oops sorry buddy. Yeah, cambers. Don't know where that came from. Two hours sleep last night.
There's a guy just round from my work that's a bit of a genius at setting up, but I'm pretty sure they'll be required. I bought it lowered on Apex's by 40mm. Inner treads fooked already.

Last edited:
  Inferno 182
Cheers Cub. Not sure I'll track this week car though. I just want it lowish but for general daily driving just now if you know what I mean.

Waltz172

ClioSport Club Member
Little bump on this
I'm about to order some b14s from Germany,
When reading through the details it says the condition is used,
So are these refurbed, or has this been lost in translation?

Pauleds

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc Dueliner sport
Ordered some earlier but PayPal hasn't taken the money yet. Hope the exchange rate doesn't go up!! Lol

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
Little bump on this
I'm about to order some b14s from Germany,
When reading through the details it says the condition is used,
So are these refurbed, or has this been lost in translation?
Says there new mate ive just looked

Waltz172

ClioSport Club Member
Yea that's what I thought.
Just trying to translate the email to send the money to their account.
Tricky