ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bilstein B16 PSS-10 coilover kit or SACHS remote-reservoir dampers

Clio Trophy
I already own a Trophy which I'm keeping bog standard (except for a Yozzasport exhaust which I'm saving up for to replace the rusting standard one)

I was thinking about building a Road/Rally car that will handle the bollox and was wondering which set up would be best. I would keep the engine as standard as the 182.

Either the SACHS remote-reservoir dampers as seen on the Trophy or the Bilstein B16 PSS-10 (might be PSS-11 now) coil overs

I was thinking of fitting the below kits from Pure Motorsport to go with the above Dampers

Clio 172/182 Bump Steer Adjustment kit
Clio 2 Adjustable Wishbone Package
Top Mount and Strut Brace Package PH2

Last edited by a moderator:

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
How can you over come roll centre? I have seen the kit you provide which looks good but for people that can't afford for the whole kit
To put it simply mate, there isn't a way. I did a lot of research into all sorts of ways, but to get the strength and reliability was the major stalling point unfortunately.

Clio 182 turbo
To put it simply mate, there isn't a way. I did a lot of research into all sorts of ways, but to get the strength and reliability was the major stalling point unfortunately.

I got a 182 that I have just put on b14s and sits perfect and does handle well but sharp turns I getting all sort of problems my arch lining is rubbing when I'm turning right (mainly on roundabout) and it rubbs and knocks of full lock need to get that sorted

Clio Trophy
So which dampers the Bilsteins or SACHs? I wouldn't run it low due to the UK's roads being rubbish and full of potholes/

172 Track Car
For no scientific reason what so ever I'd be tempted to get the Sachs revalved/shimmed for track use and give them a whirl.

I guess the no scientific reason bit makes me a hypocrite

Pat 182

ClioSport Club Member
  cliosport 182
For a Trophy then yes?! cant be that much different 3 peddles gearstick steering wheel cant be that much different??????

can they!!!!! Only my opinion ;)

Have you driven 521 bhp evo with billies on??

Pat

Cup In bits
The coilovers your looking for used to be produced in collaboration with yozza sport who have since ceased but Fred @BTM could procure you a set from Bilstein. Your looking at circa 3k for them though.

Maybe your meaning different coilovers and I wouldn't personally use trophy Sachs on a competition car mate, they're pretty poor for anything competition.

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
For a Trophy then yes?! cant be that much different 3 peddles gearstick steering wheel cant be that much different??????

can they!!!!! Only my opinion ;)

Have you driven 521 bhp evo with billies on??

Pat

I never mentioned your evo.

But your comparing your coilovers on your evo to suspension on a clio. Fair enough if you had billies on a clio and had driven a clio with sachs but imo your opinion is void.

ripp

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FFAT
Is there a b16 version available for the clio? didn't knew that! it doesn't appear on the bilstein site or anywhere else