ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

bike crash

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Thats bad s**t. :( He sped up so much when the other biker overtook him, looks like he was riding outwith his abilties, shame for all concerned though :(

172cup
Fukking hell its ripped the golf in half. that vid kinda makes you realise just how stupid you can be though... motorbikes, cars or other.

C63 PP,R1,,Clubman
I mean the person driving the golf ,god knows about the guy ridin he would have more chance of survivin if he was thrown over the car.

ill never get on a bike, ever, lost a mate to an incident a few years back. Woman u turned on a bypass and he slid into her side at about 120. Wasnt as bad as that golf tho, my word.!!

Stupid f**king deathtraps.

the guy in the vid was playing with death the minute he sped after that other biker. No one deserves to die but he was beyond his limits thats for sure.

Punto/Clio GTT
bit of a silly thing to say really, might aswell just ban cars completely and make them for track days too.

Bikes are fine if you treat them with respect and not ride around thinking your invincible as you'll just die basically.

theres no room for error, you f**k up on a bike your dead. at least in a car theres so much technology nowadays that can save your life.

clio rsi and r5 gtx
FM-AVA - Totally agree with what you have just said, I love bikes and im about to get myself a new one after a few years of not riding i cant wait im getting a CBR400 to break myself in gently again. so forgive me for not watching the clips as it may put me off.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Only 1% of traffic is bikes but yet they make up for 15%of all accidents.
I lost a friend too on a bike and ill never have one.They are death traps.Being near to wales i often go to barmouth through welshpool for a drive in the summer and you simply would'nt believe the ammount of nobs on bikes.

ian

clio rsi and r5 gtx
The problem with bikers is that there are to many idiots driving cars, the majority of bikers are very good and safe, just take's a minority to spoil our reputation. Same with car drivers you get good and friggin stupid ones that think just because they are in a metal shell they are safe, whats the difference.

Good and bad in all is what i say.

clio rsi and r5 gtx
Ok just watched the first clip and all i can say is ohhh f@#k he was ok to start with then he was just riding beyond his limits. Still getting my CBR though.

FF Blackgold 182
I have watched the first clip and I agree with pretty much every post on this thread. He seemed to be riding beyond his limits and paid the price and as said, his speed increased when the other bike went past him.:rolleyes: I had a bike come round a bend towards me in Cheddar Gorge the other day. He was on my side of the road with a passenger on the back too. I was going about 40 and he looked to be going quite a bit faster shall we say. He had to swerve to avoid me and then I saw him in my rear view mirror, looking back at me, as if it was my fault!:mad: I also appreciate that those kind of riders are thankfully few and far between. You seem to get lots more loons on 4 wheels tbh. Maybe thats just because there are more cars.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
The problem with bikers is that there are to many idiots driving cars, the majority of bikers are very good and safe, just take's a minority to spoil our reputation. Same with car drivers you get good and friggin stupid ones that think just because they are in a metal shell they are safe, whats the difference.

Good and bad in all is what i say.

I understand what your saying but have you driven through wales in the summer.You will never overtake a motorbike.Its always the other way round with some bike doing 100mph+ on any straight he can.
Its no wonder the welsh police call the summer the culling season

ian

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Also its a good job he only took out one other person instead of a family of four coming the other way

ian

C63 PP,R1,,Clubman
Ye true better he kills himself before he kills anyone else,its so easy to go those speeds on a bike tho you get there so quick.

Trophy #267
hmm it pisses me off when some of the replies here say that bikes are too dangerous. The only reason that bike crashed was because it was being driven by a t**t with a death wish who deserved to die. Pity the poor other fookers that he crashed into is all i can say.
Whether you drive a car, bike van or steam roller. do it irresponsibly such as that and i have absolutely no sympathy for you if/when you crash.

[/rant]

Clio V6 MK I, Megane DCi
My eastern-european friend IM'd me the link to the video yesterday, apparently this took place in Hungary and it's very big news there at the moment, he reports there was a fatality as an outcome.

Vectra 1.9 CDTi SRi 150
A near identical accident happened like that at Wiilingham Woods in Lincs last week. Two GSX-R 1000 hit head on. My dad arrived on the scene minutes after it happened. Said it looked like one had got the power on too early and to save it he'd gone onto the other side of the road. Real bad luck to hit an identical 07' bike head on. One had a suspected broken back. Just like the video, one is an innocent bystander collected in the carnage. Either off them is luky it wasn't a car or truck that hit em cuz they would have not survived i'm sure.
Dangerous in the wrong hands is my opinion.

BMW M3
Yeah, i was crapping it in that vid just waiting for it to happen.

Im not a fan of bikes myself, dont mind them on the roads as long as their driven decently but some people can be complete kn0bs. Driving on the west coast last year when a similar situation appeared.... guy on a bike going too fast round a bend but the grass verge was flat enough for me to take to without damage.

There is a road near my mums house which a strangely long and straight...... its a very nice counrty road but people absolutley fly down it. A few years a go some biker was towing it down but the first corner is very dangerous as its after a hidden dip and he ended up killing himself by missing the bend. Can still see the marks in the tree as the bike ended up about 10 feet up it.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Yeah its km/h mate, so just over 80mph.

justin theres a long straight on the way out of Whinchburgh, country road but still 40moh at that point. Some middle aged father wheelied down it a few years ago and was doing circa 120mph when a car pulled out of the petrol station in front of him, the impact took his head right off him :(