ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

biggest engine in a megane

MEGANE COUPE MK1
whats the biggest engine or even the best engine i can fit in my megane coupe thats a prity strat swop thank in advace

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
F7R. F4R with Clio pistons or F4rt

Only f7r will go in without messing with the electrics and going standalone, but even that requires some fiddling

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
2.0 16v from a megane mk1 phase 1 and a late phase 2 (with Clio pistons)

F4Rt 2.0 16v turbo from a megane mk2

MEGANE COUPE MK1
That's not even coherent??
sorry dude im dislexic i ment what car the engine is out of and what engine size im looking at a 2.0 megane engine but i was wondering if ther was say a 1.6 or 1.8 turbo or sumthing like that

MEGANE COUPE MK1
ha very funy a 1.2 wont even go in this in less i did magor weight reduction and i was looking for a turboed engine or a engine to turbo about a 1.6 to 2.0 really a 1.2 would just die id kill it lol

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Are you doing the work yourself?

can you wire in a standalone?
can you build engines?
are you any good with spanners?

You need to know if you can do all that before even choosing an engine. But as above plenty to fit in there only a handful that I've mentioned fit straight in on the mounts and all bar a 2.0 16v from a mk1 phase 1 will require electrical work

MEGANE COUPE MK1
Are you doing the work yourself?

can you wire in a standalone?
can you build engines?
are you any good with spanners?

You need to know if you can do all that before even choosing an engine. But as above plenty to fit in there only a handful that I've mentioned fit straight in on the mounts and all bar a 2.0 16v from a mk1 phase 1 will require electrical work

yeh im not bad with spaners and i can do most things with engine but i wont a engine that wiil fit strat in with new engine manegment and old looms its my every day car so i can only take off the road for a day or two

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
None then.

2.0 16v from a mk1 phase 1 (f7r engine) is your best bet. In which case you'd need a whole car for the engine loom and for the price of a Decent one your better off buying one and using it anyway

which engine do you have? 1.6 8v?

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Is it a phase 1 or 2?

The difference is on the front (mine is a phase 2 in my avatar for reference)

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Because its cheaper to buy a 2.0 16v in the first place.

No there aren't many tuning options for your engine

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Because its cheaper to buy a 2.0 16v in the first place.

No there aren't many tuning options for your engine

Jaff is spot on...for the work involved, its easier and cheaper (if you factor in labour) to just get a 2.0 litre f7r engined Megane which came as standard...just DON'T buy the 'IDE' (Aids) engine version...

MEGANE COUPE MK1
Jaff is spot on...for the work involved, its easier and cheaper (if you factor in labour) to just get a 2.0 litre f7r engined Megane which came as standard...just DON'T buy the 'IDE' (Aids) engine version...
what do you mean aise engine

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
There's a 2.0 16v engine with direct injection (F5R or IDE) that is nothing but problems. Stay away from it

This one ^ (someday)
dont no its got a body kit on it lol

facepalm.jpg

MEGANE COUPE MK1
is there any lower comprestion pistons for the 1.6 8v like with the puntos you could drop the 16v pistons into a 8v block and it would lower the comprestion so you could turbo with a remap

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
You cant remap your ecu

no 16v heads. No pistons I know of. Only thing I know of is a stainless manifold that fits the head.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Yes that's an f7r (2.0 16v), its running on standalone ecu, I've had to build it myself, wire it myself and it takes more than a weekend to do

MEGANE COUPE MK1
yeh i no that it dont take a weekend lol i was thinking of buying a old 1.6 engine and turboing it and droping in when its done but if there not meny tuning parts i might run it in to the ground and buy a new car in a year then this will be off to the grave yard lol its so f*****g slow 0 to 60 it takes for ever i thoght i was buying a sport car my old 1.0 16v micra was faster 0to6 lol but its done 138000 so its geting on may be sumthing wrong with the engine

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Probably. They're only 90 bhp if I remember correctly anyway so never going to be rip your face off fast

MEGANE COUPE MK1
yeh ill think ill just kill it and buy another fiat the so easy to mod ive just sold my old cinq that was crazy fast it did 2.0 gti lol