ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bigger discs

What bigger discs would fit straight onto my 1.2 8v? so it looks more like a real 172? will the 2.0 16v sport discs fit straight on or not?

Cheers

What about the 1.4 16v Si has that got bigger discs on the front? surley it would be easier to get them (because I work at a Motor Factors) and try them lol

The disks will fit but the calipers are to close to the disk and you wont get them on.

The K-tec big brake setup has the better looking bigger disks using the same calipers. They supply brackets with the kit which push the disk further out.

Ive got a set of the k-tec brakes for sale if your interested £100 for the disks (285mm drilled) and the mounting brackets. They oernt on the car long and the pads are only 1/2 worn. However there only stock Halford pads for £17.

What about the same size disc but vented so that i can get Dimple & Grooved discs? would the vented 1.2 16v discs fit straight on with no bother with caliper etc?

Quote: Originally posted by Richardson172 on 22 June 2005

What about the same size disc but vented so that i can get Dimple & Grooved discs? would the vented 1.2 16v discs fit straight on with no bother with caliper etc?
Depends what model Clio you have is it Mk 2 phase 2 (ie traingular lights one).

Most normal none spots are 236mm disks the Mk2 phase 2 have 259mm though. You cannot fit one set of disk on the other as you need the calipers as well.