ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bigger brakes on nonsport

Toyota MR2 GT Turbo
Hey

Im currently viewing a braking sport, I was wondering, can I put sport calipers and bolt them straight onto my 1.6 16v? The rear brakes are the same.

I've got braided brake lines etc.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
What's a "braking sport"? 15s fit 1*2 so they'll be fine.

340i
Any brake set up can be fitted with a little know-how and engineering.

yes, 172 callipers do fit under 15" wheels.

Toyota MR2 GT Turbo
But do they fit on the non sport?
The bolts look a little far apart from where I'm standing

Clio Mk2 Ph3
You can fit,the front brake disc(280mm) and caliper(54mm) from 172-182, to your non sport.BUT,you'll need new mounting brackets,because RS caliper, are not plug'n'play to your hub!Also you will not have any problem on 15s!

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
right, the 280mm callipers DO NOT fit straight onto non-sport hubs.... sorry but the bolt spacing is slightly different!! whats worst is you cant just change to sport hubs, becuase they wont fit non-sport shafts (unless you get the right centre pushed in, that might work!!)

The easiest and best way is to do a full front track upgrade!! this means getting sport; hubs, suspension, arb, wishbones, steering rack, callipers, discs, shafts.
after which its all just a case of fitting!! then youll have a track thats 30mm+ wider than a standard non-sport offering handling upgrades!!

Or the cheaper option is to try and get non-sport centres pushed into 172 hubs which will therefore fit a non-sport track, but you will still need 172 suspension!! but at least the callipers will fit!!

FAILING THAT (sorry to go on but im trying to give every option) ktec do a non-sport brake upgrade which is a calliper spacer and a 285mm disc!! i used this on my old track valver and it was a really good piece of kit!!

finally, most 15" wheels will fit over the callipers from a sport fine since my sport is sitting on 15's and so are most ph1s! lol

Toyota MR2 GT Turbo
right, the 280mm callipers DO NOT fit straight onto non-sport hubs.... sorry but the bolt spacing is slightly different!! whats worst is you cant just change to sport hubs, becuase they wont fit non-sport shafts (unless you get the right centre pushed in, that might work!!)

The easiest and best way is to do a full front track upgrade!! this means getting sport; hubs, suspension, arb, wishbones, steering rack, callipers, discs, shafts.
after which its all just a case of fitting!! then youll have a track thats 30mm+ wider than a standard non-sport offering handling upgrades!!

Or the cheaper option is to try and get non-sport centres pushed into 172 hubs which will therefore fit a non-sport track, but you will still need 172 suspension!! but at least the callipers will fit!!

FAILING THAT (sorry to go on but im trying to give every option) ktec do a non-sport brake upgrade which is a calliper spacer and a 285mm disc!! i used this on my old track valver and it was a really good piece of kit!!

finally, most 15" wheels will fit over the callipers from a sport fine since my sport is sitting on 15's and so are most ph1s! lol

Thanks, I think I'll sell the callipers and get the k-tec upgrade then!

Toyota MR2 GT Turbo
Just realised the ktec upgrade is for bigger discs, the pads stay the same... Is it worth it?

Or save up for 4 pots? :)