ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Big Problem

Clio 172 Flame Red
right, after going for a drive i found that i was getting bad vibrations and knocking from the engine into the bulk , so obvisouly first to check is mounts, anyway got to the top gearbox mount found this (PICS)

looks to me that the bolt has sheered off the top of the box ??

can it be welded back or do i need a new box ???

thanks help is appreciated

53 Clio's & counting
looks like the stud has sheared off, that should have a flat piece in the middle to hook a spanner on iirc,looks like its sheared around there, you will need a new stud with two new nuts, not expensive just a bit fiddly to do. I wouldnt drive it till its fixed.

your box is fine dont worry.

Clio 172 Flame Red
looks like the stud has sheared off, that should have a flat piece in the middle to hook a spanner on iirc,looks like its sheared around there, you will need a new stud with two new nuts, not expensive just a bit fiddly to do. I wouldnt drive it till its fixed.

your box is fine dont worry.

if i undo the other two bolts and remove the battery tray, will the box drop down, want to see how far down it has snapped also if the other end of the snapped bolt is stuck in the will it have to be driled out and re threaded ?

53 Clio's & counting
no mate, that stud threads through that mount and through the box mounting thats attached to the box, you dont need anything re-drilled just that stud replaced with 2 new nuts.

The box should have dropped slightly as the stud isa major part of the support, dont move it untill its fixed