ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

big problem...help please!

last week i got 2 new rear tyres fitted at a garage near me. from the second i drove out i noticed something weird. its the handling, i can be going along on a DC and if i pull over sharply it snakes really easily. doesnt feel anywhere near as responsive as it did before. and when i brake hard its bloody hard to keep control. its actually quite scary, dont feel anywhere near as safe in it anymore.

does anyone know what might be wrong? i dont realy wana winge to the same garage coz i dont trust them anymore. (they were supposed to have fixed my scorpion exhaust but now it sounds just as bad, sometimes even worse!) but im afraid if i take it somewhere else theyll charge loads tryin to find the fault.

sorry to go on, need help though please

appreciated, cheers

mike

Mazda MX5 1.8

have u checked the tyre pressures? i checked mine for the 1st time after buying mine the other day.......... waaaaaaaay out and not consistant

Yeah sounds like the new tyres might be directional and have been put on the wrong way round. Swap your rear wheels over and go for a quick spin, if that helps go and get all the balancing and tracking done again.

maybe, how do i know, also, tyre pressures are ok i think, what should they be? it doesnt seem like its that kinda problem, one minute the cars okish, the next its like a different car n its gona pull me off the road!

help!

theyre maxxis i think, on the wall of the tyre it says 44psi max, what pressure should they be at then? also, i have toyo on the front, they say 50psi, what should these be at?

just went to garage, they were on bout 29psi all round

topped rears up to 34, and fronts to 36. feels bit beta but i dont think it was a pressure problem, i reckon its still gona try and get me off the road!

Could well be your tracking mate. Had it checked on my valver as every time i braked it wanted to throw me into a hedge. plus torque steer on take off was worse than a front wheel drive turbo. everything ok now tho. Worth a check dude for half hours labour cost.

Id try going back to where u had it done, just tell them the prob, if theyre decent guys then they should sort it for free.

Bookie

I know this is really obvious....

but all tires have a glaze on them... which takes about a hundred miles to take off, this glaze can make you spin out of control really easily as i found out the day i fitted my 4 brand new toyos.

U sure thats not it ? how long u had them?

however, the best ideas apart from that is, directions wrong way, tire pressures wrong, and maybe tracking.

pressures are now ok, directions are ok, theyve now done about 200 miles, maybe more.

surely it wouldnt be the tracking as they didnt touch the front wheels!?

mike