ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

big pothole + Narrow Coutry lane + No street light buckled allot :(

Renault Clio 1.2 16V
so can anyone recommend me a cheap set of alloys or is it back to steelies for me :/
This was the beast by the way :

74246_10150108415384768_612784767_7575103_901774_n.jpg

Clio 182
Iv had a look mate but most people say its rare for a payout and even if they do they will only pay for one alloy :/

My mate claimed of the council and they sent him a cheque for him to go and buy some new ones.

If the pot hole has already been reported and the council have failed to sort it out. then they are liable for a payout. If it is a new one and no one has reported it they will tell you to sling it.

So ive been told anyway :)

ouch looks big, as stated in above post looks like you were driving right on the edge of the road lol. probably worth a claim though, worse comes to the worse council will say no, worth a try i guess

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
why not just buy another single alloy??

as said, try and get the council to pay for it,
failing that, keep them till new year when all the potholes start appearing,
find a nice big one, and say you did it there! (as far as im concerned, the council owe you the money for it either way, who cares if you get creative with details ;) )

1.4 Dynamique
I hit a similar sized pothole down a country road, Tried to claim off the council. Basically they denied it at first as they always do (So I read) Then i went on google street view as they said it had been repaired in January, Google streetview showed the same pothole was there with a watermark saying copyright 2009 so must of been there and missed before their inspection. Anyway they still denied the claim. I can't be bothered to chase it any more as this has gone on for around 6 months now lol.

Westy. MX5
Staying on the road will avoid holes like this. This is just normal sxxt we all have to put up with when driving cars.

Renault Clio 1.2 16V
cheers guys im gonna have a go at claiming like you say its worth a try ... yeah i was a bit far over but its only a narrow road and had to move over for a big 4x4 :(

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
cheers guys im gonna have a go at claiming like you say its worth a try ... yeah i was a bit far over but its only a narrow road and had to move over for a big 4x4 :(

I don't wish to come across as a prick....

But how is this the councils fault? The white line is there for a reason. Ok, you had to go over it to avoid a 4x4 vehicle, but its not the councils fault there was a 4x4 in your way was it!

Black Gold Trophy
The state of the nations roads is absolutely shocking, how they can justify £235 to tax a 182 when the roads look like this is totally beyond me!

i know its not the same but my brother owns a 1976 vw camper, on his way back from work he come round the corner near his house and jumped a speed bump that wasnt there when he went to work in the morning no markings or signs saying about speed bumps!!!! twisted his front torsion bar and bent both coilovers council payed him out.

Inferno 182
How quick were you going?
Presumably, if the road was too narrow for 2 vehicles, and you were near a corner, you were going pretty slow when you hit to steer off the road? Thing is, your allow should not have buckled if you were doing about 20mph?!