ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Big favour to ask Bedford members - beer tokens rewarded!!

Cup Turbo, Flamer
Hey all,

My car is with Dan @ 519 Automotive, it's been there 3 months and this is the 5th week I've not managed to contact him, so getting anxious as my tax and MOT are up in August, so wont be able to get the car home if its not sorted soon!

I'm in Kent so a good 2 hrs away, plus weekends are really hard to get up there at the moment especially as I cant get through to him so don't want the 2 hour drive to find out he's closed.

My big favour to ask is that, if anyone is really close to area or passing by, if they wouldn't mind sticking their head in and finding out what's going on! Bit of desperate plea I know, but this is my last option before I have to drive up there blind not knowing if he's open or not!

Much appreciated, beer tokens/petrol tokens will be rewarded!!

John

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
I should be able to pop round after work on Thursday as I'll be headed that way (ish) but I don't know if he will be open at around 17.20. I popped over last on 3rd June for a chat and he was up and running then.

Wonder if @Scotty-boi is around at a better time or heard anything?

Last edited:

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
Yes mate that's the one. Reg starts S90, much appreciated as said above!

No problem. Its certainly quite odd as you'd expect to get through to him on the phone if you persist. He normally picks my car up from work (in Bedford) and delivers it back for me. Top fella from my experience.

C3 Picasso Beast
Are you trying to ring him or email him?

If you're trying to email him be a man and pick up a phone, if you're trying to ring him I have no idea what he's up to?

I saw your car when I was there a few months back!

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Are you trying to ring him or email him?

If you're trying to email him be a man and pick up a phone, if you're trying to ring him I have no idea what he's up to?

I saw your car when I was there a few months back!

OP has been trying to ring him, PM him and email him. There was another thread on it. Dan seems to have disappeared off the planet, and I feel for the OP aswell. Dan does some good work, but uncontactable for 5 weeks is crazy. I hope he is ok, and it's not something serious preventing him from contact.

Clio T 314hp c43 AMG
That's terrible customers service if he is still trading as a business, surely it's getting close to legal involvement?

Cup Turbo, Flamer
Cheers for all he input lads, I finally struck gold earlier and managed to get an email about 2 hrs ago from Dan, however no details on my car.

Not for me to go into details, but basically he's out of action and knows the phone is off.

I've asked, in his honest opinion if it'll be done by end of August, if not, I'll come and collect it. Just got to wait and see if he replies.

Far from ideal, but at least it's something. If anyone could still do a drive by and let me know if the car is outside or not (I'm hoping not!!) that'd be amazing and I can start to think of an exit strategy

cheers again

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
ok Dan has contacted John and he has said the car can be collected on Saturday 6th September at 10am.

The car will need to be trailered down to Dartford, Kent so can anyone help out with this?

John needs a trailer either lent to him or someone to go with him.

John has said he will sort out some beer tokens for anyone that can help.

RDR

Cup Turbo, Flamer
Thanks to everyone so far who have helped out. I'll just be glad to pick it up next week and forget about it all.

i understand why the thread was locked, a lot of hearsay and rumours but no facts at the moment, nobody knows, I'm still in the dark about what's going on! I just know I'm going to pick up the car, finish the work that needs doing, then take it to get mapped. Slight déjà vu as I'm sure I said the exact thing this time lady year!

Disco 3 &4 1993 mini
Ideally mate, only reason is it's taken me so long to pin him down and get a date, it'll only be more agg trying to contact him again

cheers buddy

I cant do anything on the 6th but il be coming back empty from bedford way on the 18th. I'll met you know if i get anything else in nearer the 6th.

172 Turbo
Ideally mate, only reason is it's taken me so long to pin him down and get a date, it'll only be more agg trying to contact him again

cheers buddy

Stick a post on Shiply and someone will be able to move it, I have a tow bar on my Astra so if you can find a car trailer close to flitwick, I'll happily help you move it.