ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

big disc conversions and braided hoses...

is this something worth paying out for on a valver?? Just wondered cos a lot of people seem to be upgrading, any particular reason? Would braided brake hoses on a standard breaking system be beneficial at all??

cheers,pete

coolspot007007

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon Cupra

i think the standard ones from Renult are a similar price so may as well upgrade if you need to replace them.

braided hoses can help....

all these upgrades....i dunno, the std system is fine.....but some like to STOP! lol

Id probably say it depends on whether you plan tune your car quite alot.And if your brakes actually need replacing.I went for a big disc conversion (tarox brakes they were quite expensive)because my brakes were shot,they look nice behind my wheels but probably work as good as a decent set of normal after market discs and pads and brake lines,If you dont want to go for the conversion I would definetly recommend the lines upgraded.

Clio Mk1 Hybrid

I replaced mine as they were knackered.

I could have gone for standard sized upgraded stuff, but as I am running 17s Ithought the larger disks would look better. The main benefit is the stopping power, which should always be the highest priority.

I am not upgrading the backs though, I am going for standard stuff.

I will also be fitting braided hoses as my ones have splits in the outer rubber cover. When I fitted these to my old 5 Turbo I did notice the difference over the standard ones.

James