ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bhp @ the wheel

172 cup
Does anybody kno what a standard 172 cup makes at the wheels?

I am having a laugh with a mate as he just brought a Subaru wagon and is worried as it makes 25bhp less at the flywheel then the sedan. Told him not too worry about it as flywheel readings are meaningless and it's more about gearbox ratio.

He asked me what mine makes at the wheels and I've not a clue

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
I'm gonna go with between 150-155 at the wheels. But I have no actual clue.

172 cup
After a search, found a standard 182 rr print out which gave 150 at the wheel so I think it would be safe to say around 140-150.

Thanks for the input guys

With a subaru impreza you loss about 16% bhp from flywheel to wheel power, think its about 8% with the clio.
If that helps.

Lionel Richie
well

144 x 108% = 155.5
144 x 116% = 167

generally all 172's make 160-168 @ flywheel for a good one (low to mid 140's @ wheels)

but there's loads of variables and all sorts thrown into it, fly figures are a calculation

take my car for example

160@ wheels = 190@fly

which is 18.75% if my maths is working

Last edited:

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
I agree Fred, i only got my car RR'd to make sure it was timed properly (cambelt just been done)

It only matters if the car feels right for you.

Ive said it a few times but if your car reads low your cars f**ked, if its high, the rollers are f**ked...! Cant win...!