ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bhottle todies = pig bower

Just finished the build today, and getting ready for installation....ill show it when its done. Figured why not show pics

Output wont be known until its mapped and finished as it compramises of modififcations not tested as of yet.

AWT comp sprint headwork
AWT 285 cams
AWT modified throttle bodies

Std bottom end bar flywheel mods.

Projected peak torque figures of 170 odd ft.lbs torque at 6200rpm, not going to mention bhp till its finished...but i will say itll be consuming about 100-102 lbs/hr fuel wise. ;)

Volumetric efficiency calculated with these cams of about 115%.

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a300/BenRAWT/P1000843.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a300/BenRAWT/P1000841.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a300/BenRAWT/P1010351.jpg

Quote: Originally posted by telford_mike on 12 July 2005

Looks wonderful Ben - how the hell will you get that into the engine bay?
lol......crowbar and panel hammer.

Quote: Originally posted by JayR on 12 July 2005

Nice mate!!!

Is it going to go in your valver?
sadly not...........no time to touch my valver as of yet.....but soon my friend, very soon something special will come along.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

u wanna tighten them bolts up on the inlet mani... might leak a bit otherwise ;)

alright cheeky chap.........the intake wont blow, itll vacuum leak.......;)

there is alot on there that isnt on there.....ill have to take it off again to drop it into the bay, then put them back on.

Quote: Originally posted by Hippychick on 12 July 2005

renault sport spider

great.................people who know arent supposed to spoil it :cry:

Nxt time your really excited to watch a movie................;)

Quote: Originally posted by rmccardal on 12 July 2005
Thatll be needing an omex then ;)

well who sorted out omex bloody getting the 172 / 182 on their list of thing to do hey? ;-)

/y0z

Quote: Originally posted by y0z2a on 12 July 2005

well who sorted out omex bloody getting the 172 / 182 on their list of thing to do hey? ;-)

/y0z
Dunno......its not going in a 182/182 ;)

And at the moment, id be inclined to run the 172/182 on a trigger wheel and keep the ECU reading the std engine speed, gearbox speed and every other input i can keep going to it.

Audi A6 (S3 on order)

Quote: Originally posted by y0z2a on 12 July 2005

/y0z
Ben

Lionel Richie

Quote: Originally posted by BenR on 12 July 2005

Quote: Originally posted by Hippychick on 12 July 2005

renault sport spider

great.................people who know arent supposed to spoil it :cry:

Nxt time your really excited to watch a movie................;)

that was me signed in on Hippys account

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider

using the trigger wheel is simply more complex than using the stock patern... hence why that is staying...

Quote: Originally posted by y0z2a on 12 July 2005Quote: Originally posted by rmccardal on 12 July 2005 Thatll be needing an omex then ;)
[/QUOTE]

/y0z[/QUOTE]Ben

Really?

Is that what he told you?

/y0z

Audi A6 (S3 on order)

Andrew,

Its been on their list a long time .... the spiders been needing it for a little while now.

I dont see why you want to try and put claim on everything thats in development at the moment ? every things is "were working on that" when in fact Andy or Ben are working on it and youre tagging along behind trying to get in on the action and put your sticker on it.

You talk a good game, I am yet to see some results. I tried your services with some subframes, the order was lost and 3 months later they were still not in my car.

Ben quoted min of 4 weeks for omex development, yet you told me two days ?

6 weeks later and its only starting to come good. So tell me, who should I listen to ?

Dont bother calling me to have a blub, Im not interested. Dont blub to Andy either, hes too busy doing actual work.

Ross,

Few things.

The Spider has been needing it for a while, its nothing to do with Ben tho - that is Richard from Omexs and Adrian Sprint car - hence they are sorting all the mapping and everything else Out. I suffered a great deal of embarrassment when the guy who I referred to Andy and Ben for an engine build spoke to Ben about it, and decided to do the build all himself, then six months later still hasnt got a car, and rings me up asking if Ben has gone bust, and if there is any idea how the hell he can get his car back.

I have got a sh*t load of stuff that I have spent the last six months developing, and I will put claim to it rightly.

Andy has little to do with the stuff that I have put together, apart from the fact that he has a standard car that our kit is being developed for. No tagging along, more leading. When Andy asked me if we could move the omex development forward to sort your car out, as the car wouldnt idle, I sorted it out for you, as a favour. I said it would start in two days - and it did, the car went. The ECU is now running the engine, and all that needs finishing is the dash, but, that is for our cars, not Bens, not anyones. If you you want to pay Motec to do it great - please feel free.

Subframes - en route to your car (which hasnt moved for 3 months since the cams went in???) Please dont take your anger on your car being f**ked out on me, as I have not even seen it, had anything to do with it - thats Bens problem, and I am a bit sick of you thinking its everyone elses problem - its Bens issue, not ours. I too have been waiting for stuff from Ben for 6 weeks, and took the work off him in the end, as i couldnt afford to wait any longer.

You want to talk about it, feel free - but please get your facts straight before you do, as certain people have been plain LYING about what has been going on, to both customers and other people who are doing development - FACT.

I do not like liars one bit, especially when they start to affect things that I am doing.

As per the comment about slapping a sticker on - Ross, get a clue - lots of time and money have gone into things over the last six months, and I tell you what - no-one else is doing that at the moment.

/y0z

[Edited by y0z2a on 7/15/2005 9:43:52 AM]

maybe by pm would have been better than bad mouthing people and that goes for both of you!!!!! now go sit in the corner !!!!!!!

Audi A6 (S3 on order)

It gets better and better, it really does.

What you dont know is that my car was about to be taken to omex while I was asking you how long it would take if you sorted it. Richard from omex had accepted mine through Ben, and was looking forward to working on it. The reason it didnt go was a mistake on my part. I was quoted a shorter time by you and Andy and went for it. Had I have accepted it wouldnt be a few day job, id probably have my car back now .. fully omexed.

So no, Omex did not tell everyone but you to f**k off". Youre silly to think they would really.

Im not taking anything out on you, I am just fed up (as are lots of others) of you trying to ram your products down everyones throat. Its not needed, if they are good products they will sell.

You speak of lots of development, but what have we seen

1) a brake kit that consits of some brembo discs, PF bads, braided lines ... nothing developed there, its pretty much what the cup racers ran

2)Cams, shrick developed the cams, youre selling them. Theyre shrick cams, not yours. Accept it.

3)Induction kit ? not needed when we have maxogens on the market. It runs a stainless filter too ... they dont work.

Youre a positive, driven person which are very good qualities to have, but the pushyness lets your game down.

Time will tell who is actually a genuine track/race company with actual products. My money (and theres quite a bit of it) is on people like Andy and Ben, they actually have knowledge and services to offer. Youre a reseller who loves cars, best of luck to you.

*big hug*

Audi A6 (S3 on order)

Mcbunny, I dont want to PM, its not a sl*gging match, its a duscussion on a discussion forum.

Its better to have things out in the open anwyay, I have nothing to hide.

Quote: Originally posted by rmccardal on 15 July 2005
Mcbunny, I dont want to PM, its not a sl*gging match, its a duscussion on a discussion forum.Its better to have things out in the open anwyay, I have nothing to hide.

i wasnt just talking about you tho :)

It gets better and better, it really does.What you dont know is that my car was about to be taken to omex while I was asking you how long it would take if you sorted it. Richard from omex had accepted mine through Ben, and was looking forward to working on it. The reason it didnt go was a mistake on my part. I was quoted a shorter time by you and Andy and went for it. Had I have accepted it wouldnt be a few day job, id probably have my car back now .. fully omexed.So no, Omex did not tell everyone but you to f**k off". Youre silly to think they would really.Im not taking anything out on you, I am just fed up (as are lots of others) of you trying to ram your products down everyones throat. Its not needed, if they are good products they will sell.You speak of lots of development, but what have we seen1) a brake kit that consits of some brembo discs, PF bads, braided lines ... nothing developed there, its pretty much what the cup racers ran2)Cams, shrick developed the cams, youre selling them. Theyre shrick cams, not yours. Accept it.3)Induction kit ? not needed when we have maxogens on the market. It runs a stainless filter too ... they dont work.Youre a positive, driven person which are very good qualities to have, but the pushyness lets your game down.Time will tell who is actually a genuine track/race company with actual products. My money (and theres quite a bit of it) is on people like Andy and Ben, they actually have knowledge and services to offer. Youre a reseller who loves cars, best of luck to you.*big hug*

Ross,

Just to clear up a few quick points.

Omex wanted a completely standard car... Your car wouldnt have been back fully Omexed as the issue that arose with the car were out of the ordinary, and still are not 100% resolved, hence why I am resolving them now.

As per them saying f**k off - they were not taking on anymore projects for 8 weeks, but pushed the clio into a space because they knew how urgently we needed the work doing, AND how much you needed your car fixed after the cams didnt work.

We have tested all of our Kits - that is a word that we have used from day one. Components compiled into a kit that doesnt just work, but works very well, with everyone being really happy with the performance. The dust and noise issues are ones that people are aware of when they buy the pads.

I am not selling Schrik Camshafts - I am selling engine upgrade packages from individual engines to brand new replacements - which you know nothing about, as I havent published any information about them - but obviously, as you seem to know everything - tell me all...

As for your comment about ramming stuff down peoples throats??? I am quite suprised you have said that... I rarely comment about our stuff on the forum anymore. Other people may, and I may reply, but this forum is just that - a forum.

Induction Kit - if it produces as much power as the maxogen for less money is it not a good deal?? Stainless filters are as good if not better than foam filters. The foam filter manufacturers say that they are not as good.

I dont think you realise what else I have been having made over the last 3 months. When It does appear - shortly then I hope that you realise that it is a lot more than a re-seller with passion.

/y0z

Audi A6 (S3 on order)

ok,

Omex were taking my car even though they had an 8 week wait BEFORE you said a thing, Only Ben, Richard and I knew at the time.

The brake kits work, not disputing that, just dont see why you have to brand it when you make no components in it.

Youve told me about your engine upgrades before, you want to sell with warranty, provide uprade paths, and your entry level costs a fortune for no gains (omex etc etc)

BUT, at the moment, all you offer are shrick cams, nothing else has been fitted to a customers car that I know of. Its all pixy dust.

If you think a stainless filter will outperform a foam one ... Im scared.

I look forward to your secret car, if its great then its great, I dont have a problem with you, just branding of other peoples kit as your own.

<FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #407db6">ok,Omex were taking my car even though they had an 8 week wait BEFORE you said a thing, Only Ben, Richard and I knew at the time.The brake kits work, not disputing that, just dont see why you have to brand it when you make no components in it.Youve told me about your engine upgrades before, you want to sell with warranty, provide uprade paths, and your entry level costs a fortune for no gains (omex etc etc)BUT, at the moment, all you offer are shrick cams, nothing else has been fitted to a customers car that I know of. Its all pixy dust.If you think a stainless filter will outperform a foam one ... Im scared.I look forward to your secret car, if its great then its great, I dont have a problem with you, just branding of other peoples kit as your own.

I am branding the "Kit" as our own - and that it is - whats the problem with that??? Other peoples components in a kit of our own...

nothing more - the components are clearly labelled with their own manufacturers.

Secret Car??? what are you on about?

The entry level package is that - an entry level, which is a step to where most people will like to start tuning from.

Most people are concerned about their warranty when tuning, offering a package that covers their engine is attractive to a lot of people.

As for the filter - why scared? - piperX set up a different company when they went into production of their metal filters after they spent 2 years saying that they didnt work etc...

I dont know why you are so upset Ross I really dont as I have had nothing to do with your car in any shape and form... all I know is that it is sat there with Cams that dont work at the moment because the mapping wont idle... I am sorry to hear it, as I want to see it out on track as you seem to say it is a very quick car...

well have a shindig soon :)

/y0z

Audi A6 (S3 on order)

Im not upset at all ... now. Just wanted to post some opinions is all.

Well have to agree to dissagree. At least youre one step above "stealthsport" ... wtf is that all about. ;)

Secret car refers to a comment Fred made the other day.

New cams are on the way which should/better sort idle issues. :devilish:

Shell debut on the track at the ring on september 6th .. I hope the omex is working by then !!! (with the stock ecu in place too) Im sure youll get a go of her when its all finished ... if you promise not to crash :D

best of luck with the stainless filter ... Ill stick to the maxogen ta ;)

Ross

p.s ... shindig .... no steel toe caps allowed.

I was going to wear my stilettos ;-)

One Step - try 6 flights - Ill f**king have you for that!

I am over at the ring 10 days before.

/y0z