ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BG Trophy creaking front suspension

BG 182
So I own the BG Trophy that's been well documented on here. And whilst it's a beatiful car that's been lavished with money the creaking from the front suspension is driving me insane!
I've had the driveshaft replaced - it wasn't that. New arms fitted with standard rubber bushes (bar the d bushes - couldn't find any 25mm rubber ones anywhere) and it wasn't that either.
What to do???? It really is a lovely car but the creaking is driving me bonkers, it doesn't seem to be affected handling wise but it sounds fooooked so it doesn't give me the confidence to push on.
Any ideas anyone??

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
Sorry not much advise to give but what's a BG Trophy? Surely it's one or the other?

dan's cast offs.
Rack mounts, not bushes. Subframe bolts etc.

Plenty of things it could be but all easy to check.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Well when does it creak?

Going over bumps?
Turning left/right?
cornering at high speed?
Cornering at low speed?
on the motorway?

BG 182
Well when does it creak?

Going over bumps?
Turning left/right?
cornering at high speed?
Cornering at low speed?
on the motorway?

Creaks when turning left/right, cornering at low speeds and when I'm braking. Not sure about high speeds as can't really hear anything over the exhaust
Basically if the car is moving is creaking. Constantly. Loudly

Last edited:
  Clio Trophy
Top mounts might need new bearings or something, not sure how loud the AST ones are, I changed from ktec to pms, they are much better

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Ball joints perhaps? If my memory serves me correct that is what caused the same symptoms on my old Trophy.

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
@MarcR™ had solid top mounts on his trophy and changed them.

I reckon it's the top mounts. Just get standard top mounts

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
I had a bad knocking noise when i had my AST solid top mounts on the car and it turned out i needed a new bearing and at that point i went and bought new OE top mounts and spacers along with everything else needed.

Once i had fitted all the new genuine OE parts the kicking noise vanished but i now get a squeaking noise from the drivers side like rubber on metal or rubber on rubber. It does not really bother me as it could be anything as i have the whole front end polybushed but its now where near as back as the loud clunking / banging noise i had from my AST top mounts