ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BG 182

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
It's bg, just furious
Your words hurt me.

Slight update for the timebeing. Had hoped this to be slightly longer, but dislocating my thumb kind of put a hold on things (Or lack of hold) ...

Thought i'd take a look at the speakers at the rear, and found that they were in fact a pair of neodymium Kenwood speakers and not the original renault that I thought. They felt lightweight, but being neodymium this seems the norm although I think they're quite old but they will do for now! What I did discover was that all the speaker connections were just made via twisting wires and after getting a multimeter on each one, found a front speaker had been wired in backwards.

35321927895_248558ff04_c.jpg
20170613_144656 by Louis Walker, on Flickr

34478425334_53dc9c4419_c.jpg
20170613_143812 by Louis Walker, on Flickr
They were also just fitted with two screws and rattled around!
Cut the wire back and fitted spade connectors and the speakers actually sound better together. Always felt like it was wrong as at loud volume it sounded crap and was quite painful to listen to. Sorry for the rubbish pics.

35281803566_32d5d009d9_c.jpg
20170615_121317 by Louis Walker, on Flickr

Decided to drill out the rivets of my accelerator pedal and gave it a lick of paint as some peeled off when I removed the old pedal. Won't be seen apart from through the holes of the new heal toe anyway.

34934354130_fea9b293cb_z.jpg
Snapchat-1307052610 by Louis Walker, on Flickr

34511738963_3311a8aa83_z.jpg
Snapchat-1827667658 by Louis Walker, on Flickr

I didn't have the correct rivets to re-fit, but some are on their way.

Modification of my scenic shifter is also on the way, with a bend added. Just need to extend and weld the bottom next then I can re-assemble.

34511738643_80d7bdac1b_c.jpg
20170612_161523 by Louis Walker, on Flickr

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
So when they going on?

They'll look ace, and they'll look even better if you get coilovers!

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
So when they going on?

They'll look ace, and they'll look even better if you get coilovers!
Not sure yet. I'll probably test fit them, but they need new tyres ideally so I will run the 16's a little longer until I can afford a set of 4.
I'm worried it'll look odd without lows so may keep an eye out for cooksports or eibachs in the meantime, but bilsteins are the plan for the future.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Yeh, Turinis are awful, I've most definitely not just bought a set at all......
Oh FFS. Are they going in the garage with all your other wheels?
On a serious note, how will 15's look without lows? I have an arch gap with my 16's already.
Yeah it'll look s**t. Someone posted the other day the diameter difference, you'll have 7.5 mm more arch gap, but be lower to the ground by 7.5mm too.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member

Yeah it'll look s**t. Someone posted the other day the diameter difference, you'll have 7.5 mm more arch gap, but be lower to the ground by 7.5mm too.
:( Oh well, they can stay in the cellar.

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5

Hahah, they actually will be until I get some spacers. I'll have 4 sets of wheels when I pick them up. I have cleaned the F1's and 182 wheels to sell though.

Ahh I thought you were using this brilliant new product they are now selling in poundland........... for a pound........... its a scratch remover in a squeezy tube, suitable for all paint types and colours! Soooo tempted to try some. NOT!