ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BG 182 daily

Sj1782

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi s3 8p
Bought my first 182 3months ago for a fun daily, Wasn't planning on spending to much money on the car but I can't help my self!!

1st month of ownership i replaced plugs, coil pack, leads, injectors, lambda sensors.
Oil and filter.

Decided to carbon dip most of the Inteior trim and outside trim need to do front and lower grill and fog light shrouds next.

Then decided to buy some other little bits:
Ebiach Lowering springs bought need to fit
197 cams and Sm inlet manifold to fit with all new belts and oil. and the remap at efi!

Also looking for a set of turinis and a set of recaro seats and see where to go from there! I can see my self spending a small fortune

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    485.9 KB · Views: 354

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah c'mon, do it justice with proper pics! I've had mine a month or so and I'm loving it. It needs lowering though and the exhaust sorting out! I test drove one 11 years ago and it's been an itch I've needed to scratch ever since. Just realised my clio is 11 years old now, what a coincidence!

Sj1782

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi s3 8p
Yeah it wasn't planned but there's always something that catches my eye that I want but maybe don't need :smile:

Sj1782

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi s3 8p
LOL mines ok, it's just on the piss. Which one have you got?

When I bought it was told it was a custom made from spanner monkeys in Newcastle. It only has a cat and a small centre box no rear back boxes lol

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
When I bought it was told it was a custom made from spanner monkeys in Newcastle. It only has a cat and a small centre box no rear back boxes lol
So I can probably hear it here then! I think you should find a scrap merchant when you change it, don't inflict it on anyone else [emoji38]

Sj1782

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi s3 8p
Haha I feel like scrapping it at times! I do need to change it, I get to the point were my ears are ringing when I get out of the car

Looks good, and lol at you not planing to spend much on it!

Interested to see your results from the cams and SM inlet! When you hoping to get it mapped?

You should hear mine...decat and no silencers/boxes at all - now that's loud lol

Sj1782

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi s3 8p
Looks good, and lol at you not planing to spend much on it!

Interested to see your results from the cams and SM inlet! When you hoping to get it mapped?
Went to efI on sat she pulled 174bhp which is a good start, I'm hoping in the next few months I should have it all sorted, it's just down to money it's more or less a grand and money's tight at the min! Any vids of your exhaust?

You should hear mine...decat and no silencers/boxes at all - now that's loud lol

Really interested to see your results, so keep us informed!

Only one I've really got : https://flic.kr/p/v31caF
Car has changed quite a lot since then!

Took that video ages ago, only went up to 5k (you can hear it just come onto 5k before it opens out) as my dog was being a pain lol, so at 7k revs you can imagine how loud it is!

It's amazing how many people comment on how good it sounds, often randoms who I've never met before

Even had a lad at where I get my wheel alignment done have to open the bonnet, as he didn't believe a Clio lump could make that noise lol

And when it's warm it pops amazingly!

Sj1782

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi s3 8p
Really interested to see your results, so keep us informed!

Only one I've really got : https://flic.kr/p/v31caF
Car has changed quite a lot since then!

Took that video ages ago, only went up to 5k (you can hear it just come onto 5k before it opens out) as my dog was being a pain lol, so at 7k revs you can imagine how loud it is!

It's amazing how many people comment on how good it sounds, often randoms who I've never met before

Even had a lad at where I get my wheel alignment done have to open the bonnet, as he didn't believe a Clio lump could make that noise lol

And when it's warm it pops amazingly!

Yeah I'll keep you posted when the car goes in for the work! I'll be happy between 190 - 200. Then maybe remove the rear seats get some weight reduction haha

Sounds nice! Wish mine would pop! I think your dog wanted a race!

Sj1782

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi s3 8p
New update: cars booked in for belts and 197 cams fitting then following on to efi for a remap!

Picked up a set of anthracite turinis :tongueout:

And now I've just ended up buying some cooksport springs!

So going to book in with bram racing for a full wheel alignment to get her prepared for efi!

To say I wasn't planning on spending anything on the car I've probably spent half of what the cars worth!

Sj1782

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi s3 8p
Cooksports springs arrived today! looking forward to having these fitted!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    307.6 KB · Views: 246

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Fitting them is pretty straight forward, it's all the bolts that are rusted and siezed to f**k that's the problem.

Sj1782

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi s3 8p
Yeah that's what I'm worried about! Lol Like I say I can't afford to have it in bits on the drive as I need it daily and I probs don't have all the tools needed :( few garages have quoted £100 I don't really want to pay that

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
I was surprised at how easy it was to fit my coilovers which is pretty much the same process as just doing the springs. Helped that I had @dann2707 pretty much doing them for me whilst I watched and learned how to do them. I'd refuse to pay £100 though.

A big breaker bar is always handy to get stubborn bolts off, impact gun also made things 100 times easier when we did it. Just WD40 everything the day before.

Sj1782

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi s3 8p
yeah that's fine for me! Weekend is best for me as I'm at the gym most nights after work.

Sj1782

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi s3 8p
Switched wheels over today! Looks million times better now! Also give the throttle bodie a quick clean!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    196.6 KB · Views: 326

Sj1782

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi s3 8p
Well I'm an idiot! I thought it would be good to roughly total up the amount spent on the car so far! Wasn't a good idea! 2.5k in 6months 😞

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Well I'm an idiot! I thought it would be good to roughly total up the amount spent on the car so far! Wasn't a good idea! 2.5k in 6months 😞
How much was fixing it and how much modifying? I've mistly stuck to fixing it so not spent too much. Yet.