ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

better sound quality?

Charged Superleggera
basically i looking for better sound quality but i dont want to change my head unite if thats possible. currrently i have a cabasse head unit and 6.5inch speakers in the front. will crossovers help? if so how are they installed?

Za**** & Xr250R
I just whent for 200w 13cm alpine's with built in tweeter's they sound pretty good with the standard hu, but truthfully the standard speaker's are the best match you will get with the standard hu unless you get an aftermarket hu it won't make a difference imo !!!

Audi TT 3.2 V6
Firas - Have you changed your speakers to 16.5cm then? What speakers have you gone for? this is something im considering doing myself.

Clio 106 Dci S
Personally I would suggest going for a quality speaker, and it will make a difference on clarity. I will be doing the same eventually, but upgrading head unit also.

Charged Superleggera
Firas - Have you changed your speakers to 16.5cm then? What speakers have you gone for? this is something im considering doing myself.

yeh ive got 6.5 inch sony speakers in the front. not great speakers but got them with my door pods so jut kept them but looking to get alpine ones or can anyone recommend some?

clio 182 & Fiesta RSTurbo
I just whent for 200w 13cm alpine's with built in tweeter's they sound pretty good with the standard hu, but truthfully the standard speaker's are the best match you will get with the standard hu unless you get an aftermarket hu it won't make a difference imo !!!

No they're not, the standard HU is utter pap.

I changed my HU to a sony xplod with bluetooth and ipod and the quality the HU gives the standard clio sport speakers is awsome.

A better all round sound and doesn't distort when you crank it up a notch.

clio 182 & Fiesta RSTurbo
yeh ive got 6.5 inch sony speakers in the front. not great speakers but got them with my door pods so jut kept them but looking to get alpine ones or can anyone recommend some?

Is the cabasse HU the one that came with the car?

Charged Superleggera
no its the one that came with the 182. its got a higher output than the HU that came on other mk2 ph2's.

Black Gold Trophy
Changing to a better head unit would be a good start, or using an external amplifier that doesnt distort the signal like the cabasse unit does.
Then maybe upgrade the front speakers to focal or rainbow (or something high end) size is not that important if you go for a good quality speaker. I have 13cm rainbow components in my 182 and they produce a really good sound. Try and ignore most of the rubbish that your local halfrauds or roadradio stores sell, its not about "quality" at all. The better stuff you probably wont have heard of before, get yourself on talkaudio.co.uk, there's lots of info and reviews on there and plenty of helpful members.

Clio RS 200 cup chassis
It will all depend on how far and how much you want to spend but as said before have a look at talkaudio and caraudiodirect to buy stuff. I am getting focal 6.5 component K2 at the front and AVI 5.25 mid bass at the back all amplified with JL 300/4 and a jl 10w6v2 sub amplified with JL 250/1. Will sound great went installed.