ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

better calipers on std. disks

VX220 Turbo
i'm considering upgrading the calipers but want to do it on a budget.

does anyone know which 4 pots of other cars fit easily onto a clio with only minor work such as brackets, or ideally any calipers that would fit directly to a 182 strut?

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
i'm considering upgrading the calipers but want to do it on a budget.

does anyone know which 4 pots of other cars fit easily onto a clio with only minor work such as brackets, or ideally any calipers that would fit directly to a 182 strut?

Total waste of money mate.

Good lines/fluid/pads/discs is more than enough. You'll be headbutting the windscreen all day long.

Last edited:

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
DS2500 pads are awesome!!!!

had them on mine for nearly two years, no complaints

M

mini-valver

As said above, the standards are more than adequate! Goodridge lines and some decent pads and your laughing, discs only need replacaing when theyre low TBH.....

M2 Competition
If you want them to look nice, get some wilwoods or brembo's.

If you want to save a hell of a lot of money, and have decent brakes, upgrade the discs, lines and pads.

VX220 Turbo
paint your existing ones! and if you really must....make a brembo stencil ;)

thats just a bit M*X P***R Chav!

no i'd like them to do somethign too i've had car sin the past with upgraded disks and pads i wasnt too impressed fancy somthing a bit more responsive,

does anyone know if the clio shares any components with any other french cars thus allowing me to look for kits designed for other makes on ebay?

M

mini-valver

197 or meggy 225 may be may be the same fitment, wait for Edde or PM him,sure hell klnow or will point you in the right direction

does anyone know if the clio shares any components with any other french cars thus allowing me to look for kits designed for other makes on ebay?

Yep it does but kits are only done realy for the 172/182 the other cars are the Megans etc which use the same setup.

Stock seups not bad otherwsie harder racer spec pads ie DS2500 new lines bled setup with new disk if fine for 99.999% of people.

Stock calieprs are quite good you'd need to get some proepr racy stuff to get good stuff worthwhile of the effort.

on a clio?

Not me.

There is a reason good calipers cost as much as they do, cheap calipers mean cheap materials and cheap manufacture....the end.

Turbo Beige
Stock calipers and discs will take you so far, cup racers don't use them becasue of regs. look at the Clio racers (VLN, Endurance etc) from any other series and they use them.
I have DS2500, braided hoses, better discs etc. and the brakes aren't much use on track. I would only ever descibe DS2500 as fast road.