ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best Wheel Cleaner For Removing Stuck On Hard Brake Dust, Tar Spots?

BG182 FF
Hi, im looking for a cleaner which can remove that brake dust that never comes off. Its like tiny black marks all over. I see some people have this pruple stuff... Thanks

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
i have posted this under the wheels section....

Yeah I know, as I said it's the wrong section.

You should post in the detailing section, but do a search it's been covered a few time's.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
You need a fallout remover like Car Pro Iron X or AF Iron Out and probably a Tar remover as well, something like Autosmart Tardis, AF ObliTARate.

The fallout remover is what turns purple as it reacts with the brake dust that is stuck on your wheels.

As Coby has said, will will need an iron contaminate remover such as Iron Out. This will pull any hard on brake dust away from your surface safely and easily. And if you do have tar spots remaining a quick blitz over with a tar and glue remover such as ObliTARate will see you good.

It maybe worth checking out our wheel care guide on how to use these products: http://www.autofinesse.co.uk/portfolio/wheel-care-guide/

Joe