ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best way to protect fresh paint from stone chips!

Stealth 438'd 182
Having my front bumper and splitter smoothed and painted up next week because it's starting to look horrendous and lets the whole car down

when spending a whole day detailing the BG 182 and it looks ace its really frustrating when theres chunks missing out the front bumper!!!

whats the best way of keeping it from chipping without using a bra!

Posted in detailing as I'm hoping there is people who are as OCD in this section as i am :D

Any suggestions?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Hi chap, the only real way is clear foil over it but something like a strong ceramic sealant will help.

Cquartz have a very good one best applied by a professional.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Hi chap, the only real way is clear foil over it but something like a strong ceramic sealant will help.

Cquartz have a very good one best applied by a professional.

Stealth 438'd 182
haha!!

Cheers mate... whats the best option in terms of cost/longevity.. I want to keep it looking pristine! the paint is immaculate bar the bumper as it is regularly detailed and paints well maintained

GTD, Lupo
I have a venture shield on the front end of mine! Got it put on the first day I got the car! Not one stone chip yet! Mind you it needs a new shield as the old one is peeling, but it's lifetime guaranteed! Well worth it!

Stealth 438'd 182
dont tailgate is the best solution-

S

mmm! dont follow traffic.. kinda impossible on the m42 at rushhour..unfortunately the car is my daily driver!

Venture Shield plus this

I have a venture shield on the front end of mine! Got it put on the first day I got the car! Not one stone chip yet! Mind you it needs a new shield as the old one is peeling, but it's lifetime guaranteed! Well worth it!

awesome suggestion.. take it you cant see it... something a clean freak like me would be happy with? how much did it cost you and did you have it fitted or do it yourself?

Thanks guys :)

Venture shield as stated. I run a company who fit this to a massive range of vehicles. It's the only stuff Ferrari boys etc use :) works a treat