ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best way to mark tyres?

Tim.

ClioSport Club Member
I want to swap to my winter wheels but when I switch back next spring, I want to put the wheels on as they are now.

What's the best way to mark the tyres so I know which goes on each corner?

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
I can see the adhesive failing and in March I'll have a stack of tyres and a pile of notes next to them.

Does this work, in your experience?
Yeah or chalk.

Could buy a tyre pen, but the previous will do the same.

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S
are your summer tyres staying on those wheels, do you have two set of wheels or are the tyres being swapped over on the same set of wheels.

I have two sets of wheels and have wrote FP, FD, RP, RD on the inside face of my wheels in a discreet place. Done this on both sets in marker pen.

I can see the adhesive failing and in March I'll have a stack of tyres and a pile of notes next to them.
It was unclear from your first post if you're splitting the tyres from the rims. If your not the put the sticky label on the inside rim of the wheel. As long as it's put onto a clean surface it won't go anywhere

Tag tied around a spoke with string (strong stuff mind - don't want it to perish in 5 months!?!??!!)

Personally I just use a paint pen.

Tim.

ClioSport Club Member
Multiple sets of wheels and tyres, so there will be no splitting being done.

It must be the poor quality of my sticky labels but they always fall off.

Thanks to all for the comments and advice.

Swift Sport
As said, one of these is perfect...

prolinewp_app.jpg

..Jack..

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
I use a paint pen and I've had my tŷres sat in the shed 2 years and move them about and still clearly marked

Tyre paint pen on the sidewall is fine for short term but it goes crusty and falls off if tyres are in cold storage so write a few times around the side wall.

Chalk/crayon is crap on road tyres in comparison. Works an absolute treat on 90 degree slicks though.