ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best Wax

Clio 197 R27 Albi
Right nearly used all my Poor Boys Natty Blue Car Wax. I find its a good wax but it dosnt seem to last long.

What should a buy next? Money aint a problem just want a really good wax. Cars Artic Blue.

Thanks

PH2 172
Iv found autoglym HD wax to be good. put on leave for awhile they recon 30mins then buff off. nice shine and apparently lasts upto 60 washes :-/

Clio 197 R27 Albi
Iv found autoglym HD wax to be good. put on leave for awhile they recon 30mins then buff off. nice shine and apparently lasts upto 60 washes :-/

Are you ment to leave wax to haze before you buff off like polish? I always just put it on and buff it up about a min after.

Last edited:
  Bumder With A Buffer
I have a pot of Dodo Blue Velvet still for sale after people said they would have it then didnt :(

For the price its pretty good on Blue (I had a monaco 172)..not long durability but looks are good.

Bumder With A Buffer
Are you ment to leave wax to haze before you buff off like polish? I always just put it on and buff it up about a min after.

Collinite 476 is goood. Leave to haze then buff.

It depends on the type of wax...some can be left for an hour or so, others a few minutes If you leave collie 476 for any long then a few minutes good luck in getting it off! Swipe test with a finger is the best way to tell.

Dodo stuff is usually 10 mins or so...but I also have some Chemical Guys Pete's 53 and you can take that off pretty much instantly. suits me as im a laxy cnut. :)

Fiesta ST-2
I've got some colin and blue velvet and colin is alot better for durabillity but not as nice to work with IMO

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Seriously? I think even the experts would tell you that's mental!

Not a 320d
Yeah, I own both. i prefer the look of BOS and i find its more durable and easier to use.

How you finding that Aquartz stuff then, ive got 2 cars to apply it to next week and ive not used it before.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
f**k that s**t! It's like putting lacquer and your car!

Not a 320d
Thats why we want it lol. A friend and i are being paid to protect them.

2 Company cars which will be used and abused, also trying to negotiate a fortnightly wash contract for both cars, on company site.

PH2 172
Whats best thing to do with my car i clean it every weekend and polish it, and wanna start using some nice wax is there a wax i can use regulary and thats easy to put on and buff of etc like my car shining all the time :)

ITB BG 182
I would say R222's for the darker colours.
Zymol Carbon Wax it last a fair amount of time but gives a deep glow.
Zymol Glasur - it lasts for a long time, but costs alot too even though you only need to apply minimul amount.
Autoglym HD wax, really easy to apply and buff off if you leave it 60 seconds or 12 hours, 2 coats i find make it last.
Zymol Ebony Is alot better if you have a black car, it covers alot of the marks in your paint.
Dodo Juice - many available from deep shine to long lasting and can be used in a mixture of both too.