ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best tyres?

Valver Lookalike Mk1 Ph3
For all weather use on roads (not track).

I'll probably get 185/55/15's too.

Exaltos?

Mégane RS
Yeah would have to say the best tyres for alround road use would have to be the goodyear eagle f1's gsd3's

Valver Lookalike Mk1 Ph3
You can't get F1's, or Gds3's in 185/55?

Will I notice a difference from my cheapo tyres i have on now?

Mégane RS
just had a look on mytyres and you can get the original exalto's and the new PE2's, didnt know they still did the orig exalto's, they are good tyres just as good as the PE2's

Rip3z said:
Will I notice a difference from my cheapo tyres i have on now?
Definitely! In heavy rain you remove that uneasy feel that feels like you're almost aquaplaning at speed, as it feels like they're cutting through to the road below :)

Chocolate Bar™
i've got maragoni (sp?) zetas on my new wheels and they look amazing. Also feel a lot better when driving

ST
Nah the Michelin Pilot Exalto 2's are ok, though pretty expensive....the Goodyear F1 Eagle GSD3's as just as good if not better IMO.

Lee

BMW M2C
I loved the F1s GS-D3s I had on the 172, but the Exaltos are better IMO.

You wouldn't be disappointed with either.

Lee

BMW M2C
Vinnyc19 said:
contisport contact are good too

I quite liked them on the 172 as standard. Not got massive levels of grip, but you could hang the back end out at will. They really did squeal under hard cornering too.

Vee dub
I had conti sports on my old clio.. not bad.. but agree with 16vclio.. they are relatively soft

Mégane RS
yeah they are a bit soft and wear quickly, the new contisport contact 2 are out, any one tried them?