ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best tyres from List 1A MSA Bluebook 2015

Ph 2 172 Track Car
Hi All,
I'm going to start hill climbing/sprinting so I'm looking for recommendations on the best tyres from the above list. I'm going to be running 15" Ultraleggeras if this helps.
Cheers!

JohnnyE

ClioSport Club Member
  ITB'd Clio
I need to look at some new tyres for next year as my AD08's will be wrecked by the end of year. What club you joining mate??

Ph 2 172 Track Car
Longton & District I think. My uncle races with them. They run at 3 Sister(10 mins away) and Aintree(30 mins away). You didn't happen to be at 3 Sisters today did you? There was an identical cup to yours there! with a set of wheels in the back!

172 Cup
I went for Michelin PS3s for my first season hill climbing. My class allows 1a & 1b but given uncertainty about 1b/c for 2016 decided to err on the side of caution.

Trouble is, I'm now starting to notice the grip deficit to my competitors!

JohnnyE

ClioSport Club Member
  ITB'd Clio
Yes mate I was only watching for a few hours did the rain stop play??

Ph 2 172 Track Car
For a few of the lads yeah. It was a case of they weren't going to go any quicker than in the morning so it wasn't worth the risk in the wet. Where are you based Jonny?

Ph 2 172 Track Car
I'm in Newton-Le-Willows. Fancy meeting sometime? Any advice on car setup etc would be greatly appreciated!

Renault Clio 172
Michelin ps3's seem to be a good choice mate, a lad I know uses them on his st150 for hill climbing as he's limited to 1a tyres and it seems to do well.. there pretty hardwearing too.. another is the T1R you the but they need shaving down to 4mm to be any good

Pauleds

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc Dueliner sport
I ran the Yokohama AD08 last year, but also had Yokohama S drives (all 15") and like them too.
In 16" I used Toyo T1R and also some Continentals I had were good too.

Pauleds

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc Dueliner sport
Yes, I had the original AD08, not the AD08r. I wasn't a fan of them in the wet though, that's why I opted for some S drives as a 2nd set.
I sold my original AD08 to a fellow competitor as im not really doing anything this year, and they have since been getting PB's in their 306
If I do manage to get out again this year, I can use 1B tyres as I will have to run in Mod Prod.

Mertin

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172&Ph2 172 Cup
For the toyo fans is the R1R not allowed? Seen folk use them as wets for track days etc as their good in the wet as well as dry

Im still currently trying to decide on a set of tyres for sprint/hillclimbs aswell. Been looking at the usual Nankangs and Federals and will keep my R1Rs I have just now for wet days

donnylad

ClioSport Club Member
bumping an old thread. I am after some 15" tyres from 1A also.

does anyone have any thoughts, suggestions and reccomendations?

I have proxes T1R which are on the list, but any damp grease or rain and they try to kill you!

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
bumping an old thread. I am after some 15" tyres from 1A also.

does anyone have any thoughts, suggestions and reccomendations?

I have proxes T1R which are on the list, but any damp grease or rain and they try to kill you!

Michelin Pilot Sport 3's would be a good one for List 1A, certainly better than T1-R's :ROFLMAO: