ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best Tyre's for general use

Clio GT 128
looking to get new tires for general use.

been looking at the prices for continentals and dunlop online and its 110+ per tyre, are they really worth it for less than 7k miles a year ?

is there any Tyre that is good for a lower price and if so could you direct me to the place.

Many thanks

James

clio 172 cup
looking to get new tires for general use.

been looking at the prices for continentals and dunlop online and its 110+ per tyre, are they really worth it for less than 7k miles a year ?

is there any Tyre that is good for a lower price and if so could you direct me to the place.

Many thanks

James

hi mate, im looking got tyres too, look on asda web site ive found dunlop fastresponse for £86.50 each fitted
http://www.asdatyres.co.uk/195-45-16
thats the web site , there cheapest ive found they do loads of different makes including conts
let me know how you go

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Kumho, Vredestein are both reasonably priced and under rated imo.

Theres also Falken, Pirelli, Goodyear.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
I really like Falken/Uniroyals.

At the moment i have Falken 512's on my Cup (discontinued) and i find them pretty good! Normally i'd replace them with Uniroyal RainSport 2's... Great middle ground tyre (fantastic wet tyre!).

mk1 Octavia VRS
Hankook Ventus S1 evos are good, probably hard to beat for the money. I've got a pair on the rear of my Clio and it's very well planted, not tried them on the front yet. Also have a pair on my Octavia VRS and they are great on that and have worn quite well.

Mate of mine swears by his Goodyear eagle f1 asymetric 2s, seem to be very good in damp/wet conditions especially.

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
Big tyre thread/poll pinned at top of this section. Plenty of reviews and feedback of tyres in there mate

What size you needing

Ph2 172
I have Contisport 3's in 195/45/16 on my 172, only cost £320 fitted through Blackcircles. Personally I'm willing to pay extra for premium tyres, I've tried toyo/kuhmo/falken and would definitely recommend continental/goodyear/michelin over any of them.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I'm just about to have fitted 4 falkens to the wife's fiesta, 195 45 16.

Iirc (I ordered them a while ago) they were about £60 a corner fitted.

Great middle of the road tyre for the money IMO.

ripp

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FFAT
Hankook Ventus S1 evos are good, probably hard to beat for the money. I've got a pair on the rear of my Clio and it's very well planted, not tried them on the front yet. Also have a pair on my Octavia VRS and they are great on that and have worn quite well.

Mate of mine swears by his Goodyear eagle f1 asymetric 2s, seem to be very good in damp/wet conditions especially.
+1 for the hankooks- good tyre for a good price

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
As with Chi, I think as budget tyres go the T1R arent too bad and are ok for general road use just not trackdays, they will show up any handling defects in your car though.

Clio Sport 182

Another vote for the Goodyear Eagle F1 Ays2 Tyres

just ts had them fitted to my 182 but have previously had them fitted to my supercharged E46 M3.
Great all round tyre at a reasonable price.