ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best tires for a RS200.

RB 200
Just bought a RS200, its got some ContiSportContact 3's on the back and some Indonesian things on the front.
Dont really trust them on a 200 brake FWD hot hatch (plus the tread is getting abit low).
So should I put two Conti's on the front or go for something different all round, whats best?

Cheers

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
I have falken 453's on my car and they seem to be bloody awesome.

RB 200
True Dan, Cheers Knuckles. Not quite sure why you'd put Indonesian hoops on a car like that, but anyway i'll have a look around.
Cheers for the quick replies (there are others who are as sad as me browsing forums at half ten on a Friday night)!!

GTD, Lupo
I currently have Yoko AD08s, ran them through winter and didnt have any major issues with normal driving. Amazing tyres in the dry when giving it some stick, so much grip and smiles from ear to ear.

Clio RS200
Had the same dilemma about a month ago. Settled for the Conti 5's, as the 3's have been discontinued. Can't fault them, excellent tyre. As Gorms said, the AD08's are excellent as I had them on a track car, but can't comment on a road car. I didn't go for them, as the only reason being the tread pattern wouldn't have matched the rear tyres.........sad aye.

I was told the conti 5's replaced the 3, they have a better looking side wall for what it's worth.

I'm on a set of hankooks which are much cheaper, great in the dry but they give up in the wet easily.

Go for Contisports.

rs 1an

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Hi you can get spc3 w 87 from kwick fit or ebay, put two new ones on the front when they wear to 6mm put them on the back and put two more new ones on the front. Make sure they are w rated and dont get 5s. :race:

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
I was told the conti 5's replaced the 3, they have a better looking side wall for what it's worth.

I'm on a set of hankooks which are much cheaper, great in the dry but they give up in the wet easily.

Go for Contisports.

lies!

ive got budgets on the front of mine that came wight the car :( they're not the worst but I can't wait to get the contis I've got in my dining room on lol

Clio RS200

Go for Contisports.

Bored sat around the garage so here ya go.....

Conti 3
19E34B13-0694-4513-87A1-680942EABBCD-1650-0000022125011510_zpsf986b31d.jpg

conti 5
25ABFF6E-E521-4C31-8C35-3BF47529B3F0-1650-00000220E5ED96C2_zpsf12babf7.jpg