ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best thing to do with a flat battery?

Nothing at the mo :(
Starting my car next week to use and ti will have a flat battery

Will jump starting it and driving it around a bit charge it up ok?

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Needs quite a long drive to give it a decent charge.
iirc they need to be 'overcharged' if its gone flat (a long trickle charge)

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Why didn't you disconnect it before you left it??

But yes, put some jump leads on it, let it sit there for 10 mins or so and start it. Take it on a a good 30-40 minute drive and it will be fine.

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
once running they charge quite quick, 10mins on idle normally does the trick.

well i need to drive it to a petrol station thursday so thats 10 mins.. and on friday its going to alton towers so thats 3 hours lol

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
well i need to drive it to a petrol station thursday so thats 10 mins.. and on friday its going to alton towers so thats 3 hours lol

Take both keys!

Leave it running while you use the spare to undo the petrol cap.

ph1 black 172
just some information. when starting a car with a good charged battery, on average it takes 7 miles of driving to charge it back up..... i dont think 30 mins willl charge the battery.however i think 3 hours would.

the other thing is why did it go flat? the battery might have a bad cell/something is draining it. i can leave mine for weeks on end and start it back up.

you may need a new one anyway.

just some information. when starting a car with a good charged battery, on average it takes 7 miles of driving to charge it back up..... i dont think 30 mins willl charge the battery.however i think 3 hours would.

the other thing is why did it go flat? the battery might have a bad cell/something is draining it. i can leave mine for weeks on end and start it back up.

you may need a new one anyway.

its not been started for over 2 months thats why its flat :)