ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best Suspension to run ?

Clio 182
Hi All,

Just new to this.

What would youse say the best springs and the best coilover set up would be to run on a 182 with both cup packs ?

Cheers in advance :)

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
b14's If you 'have' to have coilovers.
Refresh standard with a nice set of lowering springs if not.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
If a daily and not a track hero then fresh shocks and some lowering springs like cooksports, h&r, eibach.

These handle great as they are, just refresh stuff that needs it.

M2 Comp
Will be daily mate but enjoy a good back road haha, budget will be upto 500 odd

I would agree with imprezaworks. A refresh of the OEM steering and suspension components will offer more of an improvement than a cheap set of coilovers. In standard form, these cars are great on a B road blast, but they do tend to loose their edge with time / mileage. If you're handy with the spanners, you could replace everything within your budget.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I personally think I can drive a car faster on a B road with slightly softer suspension than rock hard coilovers.
So I'd take standard suspension any day.

Clio 182
Thanks for all the feed back lads, would more than likley be H&R or eibach i would be going for, any recommendation on height am running speedlines at the moment possibly changing them but i was thinking 40-50mm drop ? so it sits just above the tyre

172 Turbo
I'm very impressed with my new suspensions with Cooksports and all bushes being replaced. I'm adding PMS solid top mounts & the PMS Strut Brace but this is only as I do trackdays

Listerine & Poledo
40mm will be plenty if you like to be able to cross speed humps without coming to near halt, or using planks :wink:

OEM Cup shocks and cooksports / Eibachs.
preserve some renaultsport chassis expertise
I have jsut fitted new cup shocks and Eibach pros with purple powerflex all over the place, new lower ball joints and about to fit solid top mounts, so far it feels fantastic apart from the creak from the old top mounts. Slightly harder than stock but still OK for normal roads, this could be down to the other parts more too. They don't go super low but look nice IMO and allow you to actually use the car.

Clio 197
I have had cocksports and eibach, eibach although dont lower as much , coupled with Cup dampers are much more compliant for the road and not as harsh IMHO