ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best stuff for black plastic

Megane 225 F1
My front grilles are looking nearly grey, so want something to take them back to their original black. Is there anything on the market that I can use or should I just paint them?

N00b to this section so Hai

Megane 225 F1
^^

I thought that only worked for getting polish marks out of plastic?

I don't like penut butter so I don't have any, so I shall try my AG bumper care 1st.

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
I don't know yet lol, I did them yesterday with it first time as I managed to get polish all over them. I'll let you know, they still look s**t hot at the mo though

Megane 225 F1
Well I have tyre black stuff as well as bumper care.

If I use both, surely it will just be amazing!

Oh. Dear. God.

My front grilles are looking nearly grey, so want something to take them back to their original black. Is there anything on the market that I can use or should I just paint them?

N00b to this section so Hai

AutoGlym Bumper Care if you want to go to Halfrauds. Chemical Guys New Look Trim Gel if you want to buy online. GTechniq C4 if you want a permanent solution that you don't have to reapply after every 4 washes.

Wrong.

Auto glym Bumper care.

Right.

Thumbsup.

£23?!!!!!

I think I have AG bumper care somewhere so I'll try that :)

Satin black paint, job jobbed.

Until it chips. In 10 miles.

Peanut butter...the smooth stuff.

Deja vu.

Wrong.

Peanut butter........trust me.

Wrong.

^^

I thought that only worked for getting polish marks out of plastic?

Correct.

I have literally just been and done mine with wet look tyre spray. Its the best thing i have used to date

Then you've not used any other products. Wrong.

How long did it last?

Days.

I don't know yet lol, I did them yesterday with it first time as I managed to get polish all over them. I'll let you know, they still look s**t hot at the mo though

Give it a day. It will be covered in dust and also will not last.

Well I have tyre black stuff as well as bumper care.

If I use both, surely it will just be amazing!

Don't.

I feel like I'm back in school with the dumb kids.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
I've missed Jamie.... I need to be getting back into this detailing malarky after nearly 2 years out :(

Ph1 172
AG tyre dressing spray, remove item, spray on let in soak in, buff for a matt finish or leave it to dry for a gloss finish.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
This is new and probably one of the better ones, much better than that AG watery shite!

perl4.gif

http://www.cquartz.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=87:perl-coat&catid=37

AG tyre dressing spray, remove item, spray on let in soak in, buff for a matt finish or leave it to dry for a gloss finish.

This is water based and does not last on tyres, let alone trim. And while the OCDer's amongst us will take trim off (including me) it is not practical when a product needs reapplying every other wash.

Bumder With A Buffer
This is water based and does not last on tyres, let alone trim. And while the OCDer's amongst us will take trim off (including me) it is not practical when a product needs reapplying every other wash.

I took my rear lights out and cleaned all behind them the other day (whilst changing a bulb). I then resprayed my chipped air vent on the bonnet and whilst there degreased cleaned all that and protected it up.

But this makes me sad.....

404e0ae7.jpg

694eaac7.jpg

:(

f**king NLTG as well :(

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I get zero splatter from the megs stuff. It's the only megs products I own bar their bottles and i'm yet to find anything better to be honest.

It seems to stick to the tyre and it's not too waterbased so doesn't fly off.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Flol! I remember now.

So mines is quicker than yours? Technically? :eek:

Bumder With A Buffer
No..;)

I still drive the s**t out of it..the yawn control stuff just doesnt work. Its fun "sometimes". Considering the yawn control is knackered I should be getting that sorted but I have just acquired some cams and bigger turbo.

Priorities son!!

Don't worry buddy, the stuff comes off very easily. Get a decent All Purpose Cleaner and strip the greasey product off and start again.

LY R26 230 F1 Team
Lol you were right, everything that is plastic or rubber is now covered in dust, FML

Lesson to be learnt, do it right, do it once. :)

You know for future use buddy.

Gally/JD have you used the permanent plastics treatment? Can't remember who makes it now....

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
We both have. :eek:

Tis the best on the market. Gtechniq C4.