ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best setup

CJ

Blue ph1 172
What's the best setup I could get for £300? Looking for amp, sub and 2 6x9's? Haven't got much of a clue. Where's cheap? Cheers:approve:

Ziel Nurburgring
DO NOT BUY 6X9's!

Amp, Sub and front components is all you need.

A cheap place on the net is incarexpress.com

RenaultSport Clio 172 Mk2
Amp - £100 (JBL 75.4 is a very good budget amp)

Sub + box - £70 (Blaupunkt/FLI)

Front Components - £90 (Rainbow/Infinity)

Then spend the other £40 on a decent wiring kit.

You won't need 6x9's.

CJ

Blue ph1 172
don't really need front components though, the sund on the standard cliosport ones are good enough.

No they won't be, especially if you are amping them up. They have a piss poor RMS wattage and probably wouldn't take the power of an amp for long (though I could be wrong).

I can't believe you'd contemplate upgrading your audio setup and not replace the factory speakers, it's crazy!! Plus if you keep the standard fronts and buy 6x9's they will completely overpower the sound in the front and you will hear everything coming from behind you.

Use the money set aside for the 6x9's to buy new fronts, even if they are only coaxials. You wouldn't believe how much better a pair of speakers sound over the standard Renault ones they put in, even just running off the HU never mind an amp.

CJ

Blue ph1 172
Well that told me lol. Ok so I'll ditch the 6x9 idea and get some front components:D

Don't just take my word for it ;)

Get components if you're happy fitting a crossover and tweeter elsewhere in the door/dash as they are seperate from the speaker. Otherwise get Coaxials as the crossover/tweeter is built into the speaker and require less work. Components will sound a bit better though.

CJ

Blue ph1 172
omg? errr, I'm out of my depth here! I'n leymans terms, for a simple but decent set up. what should I buy and set up?

Nike Lunar Elite's
cjtheman said:
omg? errr, I'm out of my depth here! I'n leymans terms, for a simple but decent set up. what should I buy and set up?

Front components, sub and 4 channel amp

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU
So people dont recomend 6x9's? there is a ministry of sound headunit of seen, get a pair of 6x9's with it, is it better to go for a different head unit?

v.cheapferrari
if your after a great looking haed unit, try pioneer!!!

alpine are all, but they all look the same, which imo is fairly boring

Pioneer all the way!!!

v.cheapferrari
kk, imo pioneer & alpine are at the same level with technology but pioneer edge it with looks

id rather have a nice looking good hd, rather than an ugly looking good hd

if u know wot i mean

alan, i understand where you are coming from though