ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best Security Software..?

Liquid Yellow 182 FF
Ok so im currently using F-Secure 2008 for all my PC Security, ie, anitvirus the lots. It expires in 5 days and I wanted to know of any really good software that I could use instead. I was suggested f-secure by the local guys who made my PC and it has been very good, running lightly in the background and doings it job. I have also tested it using several sites on the net, and it is doing very good job at stopping all the bad stuff and its doing good at hiding my ports and all that malarky! however when it detects a virus im never 100% sure on how well its removed it and its seems to take ages to remove or disinfect it, so Im never sure if its gone or not. Money isnt an issue tbh, but it would be good if the software license can be used on more than 1 PC. It will need to be on my parents PC too.

Thanks

Not a Clio
I like NOD32, don't even know it's running aside from having it popup bottom right when it's updated. Also works with Windows 7.

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
Was chatting with a chap who is a IT security bod who does work for the NSA and Nato and when I asked him about AV he said his preference is Sophos, and just use the windows firewall which is fine for most. I know it doesn't block outbuond stuff but tbh if you get a trojan or the like on your machine you deserve it :p

Also said he wouldn't trust Kaspersky, he wasn't a fan of the Russians for various reasons :)

Scirocco GT 2.0
Was chatting with a chap who is a IT security bod who does work for the NSA and Nato and when I asked him about AV he said his preference is Sophos, and just use the windows firewall which is fine for most. I know it doesn't block outbuond stuff but tbh if you get a trojan or the like on your machine you deserve it :p

Also said he wouldn't trust Kaspersky, he wasn't a fan of the Russians for various reasons :)

We use Sophos at work,

Tis good.