ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best route for handling

Ph2 172 MB 77/468
Now ive got the clio back on stock suspension, it rides much better.

Im gonna be turning it into a fast road/ track car though as the exterior is pretty tatty. It will mainly get used on the road, especially as my folks live on the isle of man.

It will get a full cage at some point, but im thinking this

its got

michelin pilot exalto 2 thingy tyres, pretty good
uprate engine mounts and gearbox dogbone mount
stock brakes

and thats about it.

the route im thinking

1. stripped out - but obviously this raises the car way up in the air, with buckets and harnesses
2. whiteline arb
3. coilovers - thinking of the ktec ones, as theyre a good price and im not ayrton senna
4. polybushes everywhere else
5. front upper strut brace and solid top mounts
6. geo setup
7. rollcage
8. 888s or simlar on 15s
9. Brembo max and DS2500s

budget

Aint got unlimited monies, moving house very soon, and it needs work, and got another kiddy on the way.

Does this seem like a good route? or have i completley missed the bus in order to have an 'all the gear, no idea' car?

53 Clio's & counting
If cashflow is short mate, id leave the bushes/strut brace/top mounts - although they will make a difference it's not a 'oh my god night and day' type of difference