ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best Road Tyres

Clio GT 128
Just got my first Clio its a 2010 GT 1.6 and just wondering what tyres people run on their road or track cars. Not really had much experience with a full set of decent tyres both my Peugeots 306 and 106 ran the cheapest tyres unmatched on each corner. My Toyota Levin had a set of T1Rs all round which were amazing stepping up from the shitters on the peugeots but they seem to be the marmite tyre on forums as people either swear by them or hate them.

What have/do people run on their Clios for decent wet and dry grip?

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
I use Michelin ps3 currently for my road car, work great in wet and dry. some seem to not get on with them but I find them perhaps slightly better in the dry than the rainsport 3's I ran previously but slightly worse in the wet
my track car I use full slicks for dry weather and the michelin ps3 again for wet days

Clio GT 128
I use Michelin ps3 currently for my road car, work great in wet and dry. some seem to not get on with them but I find them perhaps slightly better in the dry than the rainsport 3's I ran previously but slightly worse in the wet
my track car I use full slicks for dry weather and the michelin ps3 again for wet days
Yea I've heard alot about rainsport 3s my mates swear by them and Goodyear Eagle F1s for wheels bigger than 16inch

Listerine & Poledo
Eagle F1's are available for 16s, depending on profile and width.

In fairness, for your car, Rainsports will be great. No sense in throwing money at more "track-oriented" tyres for a daily car that will encounter puddles, mud, snow etc. The marginal extra speed they could carry is irrelevant outside of the pages of EVO, or ClioSport.

Megane R26
I'm running Uniroyal Rainsport 3s for the first time and I'm really impressed! They wear a bit quicker than Pilot Sport 3s but they feel fantastic. They get my vote for quality Street tyre.

Clio GT 128
What rims/tyre size are you running?
17`s were an option on these, so could effect an answer.
Ahh didn't know that I thought it was just 15s or 16s mines got 16s on it though. Yea rainsport seem to be about £20 a tyre cheaper than PS3s aswell.

PH2 172
Ahh didn't know that I thought it was just 15s or 16s mines got 16s on it though. Yea rainsport seem to be about £20 a tyre cheaper than PS3s aswell.
Anything with an A rated wet grip will be fine.
PS3`s last longer than RS3`s, but as you say cost a fair bit more.
My personal preference is the RS3`s, but you wont go wrong with either.
If you go with the RS3`s, make sure you order the XL`s.
In the same price range are the Avon ZV7`s, which some have recommended elsewhere.
https://www.camskill.co.uk/#

Last edited:

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Loads of threads on this recently mate if you go to the right section.

Anything with an A rated wet grip will be fine.
PS3`s last longer than RS3`s, but as you say cost a fair bit more.
My personal preference is the RS3`s, but you wont go wrong with either.
If you go with the RS3`s, make sure you order the XL`s.
https://www.camskill.co.uk/#

You recommended the XL in the Rainsports don't you Steve? I'm thinking about getting some on mine.

PH2 172
You recommended the XL in the Rainsports don't you Steve? I'm thinking about getting some on mine.
Some people have slated RS3`s as having squidgy sidewalls, I have always had the XL`s and have no complaints.
Just expect to get through a set of fronts in 6-7000 miles though, and no summer tyre is going to be like Velcro at close to sub zero temperatures.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Yeah I get the two posts every now and then.

Maybe the stuff we write is that important it needs to be read?.

PH2 172
Yeah decent

1st outing in the rain today, and I guess it was unreasonable of me to expect them be as good as good as Rainsport 3`s in the wet.

What is though, except PS3`s ?

I do like the rim protection, quiet running and negligible wear rate though.

At £33 each, they will do me for my 400 miles a week commute for a while.