ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

best px youve been offered for your car?

LY R26
well i posted an ad because i fancied a new car, but keeping this now for a while, got offered a few cash sales and the best offer was a toyota celica gt4 4 wheel drive 2 litre turbo, oh god i hate insurance:(

anyway just thought it would be interesting to see what mad, wacky or interesting px's people have been offered.

LY R26
its an import:( 48000 miles £3750 was cheapest i got, im only 17 though, not even got a full years no claims yet:(

its a mint looking car too!

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Best I got was last year on my C2, paid £3500 for it in February and got a part ex value of £3500 against a new 200 6 months later and they knocked off about £2500 too, made it a straight 10k to swap!

Shame i couldn't find any insurance :(

LY R26
well maybe the states wasnt the best example, somewhere that they dont need insurance then, lets be vague haha! anyway, insurance sucks:D

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Insurance sucks? Yes i'm sure you'd be happy if someone crashed their car into your house, and because they have no insurance you have to pay for it.

Never been offered a PX price on the 182.

Chelsea tractor
Insurance effectively underpins the welfare and success of modern society. So no, it doesn't suck.

Mk5 Ibiza Cupra
I had a mate who straight swapped his 1.2 Corsa for his mate's dad's 2.0 Golf GTI... if thats not good on his side of the deal then I dunno what is.

Tin Can with wheels
i got £6000 PX for my black 182 54 plate on 21K in December 2008 (had a few problems with the car and wanted rid of it lol, PX for another 182... i got myself Ti 182 FF on 13k on a late 55 plate and that was from a Renault stealer too lol

LY R26
you all no what i mean when i say insurance sucks, being 17 and spending all the money on something i hope i never have to use and all, and the fact they basically control what you do with it. coming out with things about welfare etc is a bit much considering i was only saying it sucks because its stopping me from getting what i want:(

S3, HD Nightster
Was offered a nice modified r33 skyline when I was selling the ph1! really tempted at the time but was just not what I was looking for...

R26 + EV0 FQ340
TY. Not bad considering It was from a main stealer. Most of the low mileage ones I find are low 30k's at best - Not seen anything near 20k yet. Suppose It doesn't help that I'm after specifics aswell....FF 182 cup packed and in black. I'm In no rush though so holding out for the perfect one.

Insurance.. Yup I hear what ya say but unfortunately they have you buy the nads and If you want anything special ya gotta pay for It. Doesn't help that there's eejits going round with none so the rest of us have to clear up after them. Seems the way for everything In this society! Anyway I digress. I'm paying alot on my 1.2 now so for me the extra grand for insurance on a car I want will be worth It. A mate from work pays over 3k on a civic sport. He got banned for getting caught doing over a ton and Is now paying for It. TBH don't think i would of bothered with a car If I was In his shoes!!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I took a 1977 Rolls royce Silver Shadow in part exchange against a 172 I had. Hold on i'll get a picture of it...

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Thats my valeter in the picture. I made him deliver the car all the way to southend! Said he felt like a failed pimp! flol!!!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Pmsl! Just look at it!

What did you do with that big truck that you bought?

2003 clio 172
I got offered an Ali g style ren 5 turbo and a s*** looking mg (25)
shape
decided to keep mine in the end
hate selling cars !!