ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best products for alloys

MK3, 1.2. 16V
Pretty much as tittle really. What do you lot use to seal and maintain your alloys ? Picking up a set of Calibre Vintage alloys on Friday and they're pretty much in brand new condition and I'd like to keep them that way. So what's your suggestions for a sealant and general maintenance on them ? As some of you may know they're sorta like bbs wheels, they have some fairly intricate detailing on them so suggestions on brushes or other tools to get into all the small groves would also be great! Thanks in advance.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Search for GTechniq C5 / Carpro DLUX and other nano quartz coatings.

Put the effort into applying a proper sealant and all you'll need is soapy water to remove all brakedust for the next 2 years.

MK3, 1.2. 16V
Search for GTechniq C5 / Carpro DLUX and other nano quartz coatings.

Put the effort into applying a proper sealant and all you'll need is soapy water to remove all brakedust for the next 2 years.

Yeah that's what I'm looking to do mate! Pick them up tomorrow and I wanna give them a full going over before they go on the car so I can get right into them from all angles. Will search the products you suggested and have a wee look on DW to see about a guide for applying etc.. Unless there's one on here ? Cheers mate!

MK3, 1.2. 16V
Okay so I'm back again for some more advice! Just picked up my new alloys
u3utyjas.jpg
avu7e7ud.jpg

Calibre Vintage 17". They have a polished lip with silver centres. So I'm just wondering what's best to use on the polished lip ?

MK3, 1.2. 16V
So just give them a wash with my usual wheel cleaner (dodo juice mellow yellow) then apply a coat of C5 ? I'll get a bottle of C5 ordered asap, everyone appears to have great things to say about it. For 4 17" alloys will I need the small or large bottle ?

Golf GT & A4 Avant
All nano / quartz coatings require a perfectly clean base for it to bond, any oils, grease, tar or general dirt and grime will stop the bond and it will not last. This is why IPA and panel wipe are used last just prior to application. But as the coatings can last so long it's best to get them looking as good as possible, so the use of tar and iron or fallout removers are used.

If you get the coating, it might be worth looking for someone local to help out with application and maybe some of the products you don't have for a few pound as it guarantees it'll be done properly.

4x 17" wheels can be done with 7 - 10ml of product, but first time users always over apply as its not that easy to see it spread. You really don't need much at all. hence having someone to help is useful

MK3, 1.2. 16V
All nano / quartz coatings require a perfectly clean base for it to bond, any oils, grease, tar or general dirt and grime will stop the bond and it will not last. This is why IPA and panel wipe are used last just prior to application. But as the coatings can last so long it's best to get them looking as good as possible, so the use of tar and iron or fallout removers are used.

If you get the coating, it might be worth looking for someone local to help out with application and maybe some of the products you don't have for a few pound as it guarantees it'll be done properly.

4x 17" wheels can be done with 7 - 10ml of product, but first time users always over apply as its not that easy to see it spread. You really don't need much at all. hence having someone to help is useful

Thanks a lot for the advice! Will post pics when I get round to doing it! Thanks.