ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best products for a machine polish and detail

I love Lamp
As the title says I'm planning on doing a machine polish of my car in a couple weeks once the weather perks up and would like some tips on products to use.. I want to get rid of the swirls on the Monaco, they aren't too bad but visible enough in the sun so what is best pad and product to use??

Basically I need some tips for:
Decent shampoo as mine had run out so open to change
Claying (never done before, is it easy enough?)
what pad/polish to use to fill/get rid of the swirls and to shine it up

ive looked at http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?583786-RenaultSport-Clio-172-Monaco-Blue and it's beautiful, would the 3M green pad with the Fast Cut + be too extreme for a virgin machine polisher?? Basically could I f**k it up lol..
anything else I have missed?

I currently use SRP and some Victoria Concours wax with Z6 but apply all by hand so fancy stepping it up ;)

Track 172cup
what machine polisher do you have, DA or rotary ?

secondly step away from the fast cut + lol

your wanting to pick the least abrasive polish/pad combination you can to get the results that you want. no point in taking of more paint than needed !

pads wise i would personally stick to Chemical Guys Hexlogic for a DA and then 3M pads for a rotary, polish wise you won't go wrong with Menzerna

let me know what polisher you have then could recommend a few things (or someone else will be along aswell)

shampoo wise then i like Zymol Autowash, does it need a clay (more than likely if it's not been done before or for a while) but don't get caught up with doing things just for the sake of it ;)