ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best place for V6 panels for a PH2

JON FOZ

ClioSport Club Member
  EVO 6
I'm looking for some good fitting panels for a 255 shape V6 Clio.

I've been told originals are thin on the ground and mighty expensive so what are people using ?

Cheers

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Surely you've been on here long enough to know that no one is going to admit to building a v6 rep, even if they were mental enough to do so.
I'm looking for some good fitting panels for a 255 shape V6 Clio.

I've been told originals are thin on the ground and mighty expensive so what are people using ?

Cheers

JON FOZ

ClioSport Club Member
  EVO 6
The car is being converted into a V6,not a Renault engine though and is going to be AWD.
The car is a competition car so the panels are required to host the drivetrain comfortably.

Cheers

Clio 2.0 16v 182
I knew a guy that fibreglassed his own pannels. Built up moulds from a roughly shaped metal shell and filled with layered wax and then hardened sand. Not everyone likes putting that much effort in but the entire mould build will cost less than the panels sold by dodgey internet sellers. And a hell of a lot cheaper than dealer prices. Plus you can reuse the mould a few times for spares.

Good luck. Just make sure you sort out the track widening. Don't need anymore of these
image.jpg

JON FOZ

ClioSport Club Member
  EVO 6
Thanks,the track won't require any widening.
I wouldn't have thought any Renault parts will be used besides the shell.

JON FOZ

ClioSport Club Member
  EVO 6
I've been speaking to a guy today who can supply all the parts for the V6 look, he came recommended by a V6 owner who said they are the best available.
All down to the customer to see if it's what he wants now.

Thanks for all the info.