ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best place for new cup alternator?

HBT 172 Cup
eBay is useless, Google is usless. GSF and ECP cost a fortune and would probably send the wrong alternator.

Is this something to get through a speciliast only, or renault? Or are there some good autoelectrical websites hidden on the internet somewhere that i cant find?

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
I was qouted £100 plus vat from Renault, can't remember if that was exchange. There's 4 part numbers they gave me, i sourced the right number and that's the price they gave me.

I also googled the part number (which i don't have to hand at the mo) and it took me to E Bay where it was listed as a Kangoo unit with all the relevant numbers on it. It was £55

225 Cup & Williams
Whatever you do don't go to Ecp. I bought a brand new one from them
For my Williams which turned out to be the wrong one and also faulty and boiled the battery that I bought from them at the same time. Took both of them back and had nothing but hassle trying to get my money back.

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
75A A11 V188 is the serial that should tally up with the Cup alternator.

If the Renault parts chap is savvy enough i reckon he can give you a price after you've given him your reg number. While i was doing the white Clio project i was sourcing the cup alternator and associated parts, the parts guy in my local Renault printed off dialogys for diagrams and part numbers etc

Last edited: