ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best place for MBP

Mk4 .:R32
Amazon have a 13" (2.4GHz, 4GB RAM, 250GB HDD etc) for about £70 less than apple are selling it for.

Buuuut, if you buy an apple product from a 3rd party supplier, do you still get the initial year free applecare?

Would it just make more sense to find a student, and 'borrow' their student discount and get it straight from Apple?

linky to amazon MBP

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B003H05K14/?tag=cliospnet01-21

Cheers

Mondial 172Cup (A/C)
student ID, NUS card, i'd accept it as proof if a student came in and logged into their uni email on a mac in store and proved that they were that person by way of driving license or passport etc.

Corsa Van. Meh.
How much is the student discount? 10% like most other places.

I may have to use mine.

Got it :) pikey spec, but good enough for what I need!

2.4GHz processor
250GB HDD
4GB RAM
3 years applecare

£925.20

LY 182
Got it :) pikey spec, but good enough for what I need!

2.4GHz processor
250GB HDD
4GB RAM
3 years applecare

£925.20

That's base specs 13"? That's what I got, and it's great. Boot is 35-40 seconds, everything still nice and quick. If I get a bit more disposable income at some point I'll probably upgrade to a SSD but it's still a very, very good machine even with the pikey spec.

It's got to be awesome in comparison to my toshiba hunk of sh*t i have now. Can't multi-task and takes friggin ages to load up

Mondial 172Cup (A/C)
uni discount is 15% off the MBP... Applecare is 76.38% discount... 13" models only though...

^ yeah made sure I got the 3 years applecare! Especially as it's so cheap!

Should be shipped tomorrow and at mine on Monday! wooo

LY 182
15%?!! I need to befriend a student just prior to replacing my mac.

It's easily done mate. I just went in with a female mate who goes to Uni and said I was paying it on my credit card as she was waiting for some money or some bullshit.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
or phone up and do it over the phone say you are at your local uni and that its part of UWE or whatever... they say ok and take the discount off!

Blimey, should be here today (saying out for delivery on the tracking status)! Pretty fast considering I ordered it yesterday late morning!

Not all Universities get 15%, I bought an i7 27" iMac earlier and pretty sure the bird in the shop said I got 12% discount.

Mondial 172Cup (A/C)
Not all Universities get 15%, I bought an i7 27" iMac earlier and pretty sure the bird in the shop said I got 12% discount.

all universities ARE 15% for MBP's... the iMac's are 12%, and the white MB's are 14%.