ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best performance mod 182

clio 182,ff + 1.5 dci
What do you think the best performance mods would be for a standard 182?
On a £150-£500 Budget.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Few Track days.

Oh just noticed your from Shrewsbury, get yourself on the Telford go karting meet :)

Maz

LY 200
Have to agree, best money I have spent has been on track days, I tried mods, coilovers, induction kits, springs, exhaust etc an took them all off and back to standard (bar the exhaust), how it should be.

clio 182,ff + 1.5 dci
That would be cool have not been go-carting for years.
All i really want to do is de-cat, exhaust, possible springs,re-map.
I would like to lower it abit but i dont want the ride to be any tougher than it already is. But i would like a better sounding exhaust. Not something that could wake up the whole street at idle though.

Maz

LY 200
If your going for an exhaust got for H&S, will cost you around £500 + fitting but they look and sound fantastic.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Forced induction.I had one of those pipercross things on a golf and it sounded great

Clio 182 & Saxo VTR
As said, trackdays with driver tuition, best mod ever, and you can transfer it across to other cars free of charge. ;)

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Trackdays...yeh sure i can see the benefits. But if your not too interested in that/ Certainly at this time of yr i wouldn't be. I'd opt for an exhaust. H&S or YS.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Dont bother with a H&S.

Trust me.

ITG panel filter
Ds2500's, Braided Lines
Trackdays, Ring Trips
Silver Visions
Better Radio
Miltek Exhaust or similar

172 Cup
Enjoy driving it and save your money!

You've an amazing car as it is. And nothing for £150-£500 wil make an ounce of difference to your cross-country speed.

Clio 182 & Saxo VTR
Trackdays...yeh sure i can see the benefits. But if your not too interested in that/ Certainly at this time of yr i wouldn't be. I'd opt for an exhaust. H&S or YS.

You would probably need to book now for the summer anyway which is only round the corner. I see your point though, if you want to be quicker in a straight line theres not much that a trackday can do for you.

Sunflower & Golf Mk6 BMT
Dont forget stripping the interior is free! I heard every 10kg loss will gain you 1bhp per tonne.

I think a re-map and matched inlets will give you an edge. (+10 bhp)

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

You would probably need to book now for the summer anyway which is only round the corner. I see your point though, if you want to be quicker in a straight line theres not much that a trackday can do for you.

Dunno mate...You can book on trackdays fairly quickly. The RS ones are fairly lax and you can book right up till the point there full...Which in last yrs case was anout 2months before the proposed date...

£150 to £500 isn't that much IMo I'd stick it in the bank and go on a track day in the summer or on holiday etc.