ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

best performance induction kit

Evo 8 RIP, Evo 2 tracktoy
i have just recently bought a 172 cup and have been looking to up the performance. i have been told the best place to start is an induction kit. the problem i am having is people are telling me that different makes are better and to stay away from certain ones.

can someone please advise on the best kit.

also i have been told about a viper kit is this worth paying the money for this kit.

what other performance upgrades could anyone suggest that is worth the money. and give a good performance increase

Turbos.
None will give much of a performance increase, you are going to struggle to notice anything below a 10bhp change, which will not happen with an air filter!

Going down the exhaust and induction kit route will however give a great noise and better throttle response.

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
Get your inlet matched for under 200 quid is one of the best pounds/bhp increase IMHO along with a decat and then remap it to see the full benefits. You'll lose power with the viper unless you have your car remapped accordingly.
John

A well built VW
182 manifold - tweeked by Ben R @ angelworks
SMT6 from GDi
Exhaust and decat everyone has an opinion on which is best

what sort of money would i be looking at for a manifold, decat, exhaust and remap and weres the best place to go for this. what sort of power increase would i get

A well built VW
The Big Yin said:
182 manifold - tweeked by Ben R @ angelworks £400 inc manifold
SMT6 from GDi £500 ish
Exhaust and decat everyone has an opinion on which is best £300 for zaust and £200 for decat iirc

Those are guestimates speak to Ben R and Andy Gdi they are guru's for Reno

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
You can get a decat for 100 for a 172 and a decent exhaust system for 200-300. Remap your looking at 250+. GDI are excellent and so is Yozzasport. BBtuning are up there aswell. I'll mention K-tec too but i find them overly expensive compared to the other companies.
John

AstraVan Sportive
Look at a BMC CDA Kit or a Pipercross Viper, these will compliment the above mods very well

Give me a shout on 08707 66 83 22 to discuss :)

193 mk2
the best ik at the mo is the ITG maxogen but it don't half cost, £340-380, & its only worth it if your going to do lots of modding.

can anyone advise me on were the best place to get the ITG maxogen kit from and could anyone suggest any mods that would accomany this well.